Kangal

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Apparently this is the Kangal breed. Unfortunately I didn't get his name (Stranger to me like the people project folk do) He is a VERY large dog. The owner had rescued him from Kurdistan as a pup and brought him back o the UK. He was disabled and in a very poor state.
Since then he has had many operations and among other things as had steel plates inserted into his legs. I'm assuming that's why his legs look a bit strange from the front, that said I had never heard or seen one these before so I could be wrong.

Gaz

Critique/feedback is very much welcomed.

IMG_0316_Kangal_web.jpg

IMG_0312.Kangal_web.jpg

I knew someone that owned one a few years ago, but they went by the name of Anatolian Shepherds, lovely dogs, bred as guardian dogs
for livestock.
The front legs are a bit deformed, but nonetheless still a lovely dog

Anatolian Shepherds
Hi there. I just did a Google search and yes it seems they go by either name. There is some discussion as to what was cross bread with what and when. They certainly look fierce when up close. I think it is just the sheer size that gives you that impression. You just don't come across many dogs so tall.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

Hi there. I just did a Google search and yes it seems they go by either name. There is some discussion as to what was cross bread with what and when. They certainly look fierce when up close. I think it is just the sheer size that gives you that impression. You just don't come across many dogs so tall.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gaz

They really aren't that fierce, well the one I knew wasn't, as long as you aren't trying to attack the livestock, owners had a smallholding.
Got to admit I do like them, handsome dogs

Back