Beginner 'Kappsa' retailer - reputable / legitimate?

Hi all,

I've been looking at buying my first DSLR and have decided upon the Nikon D5300 with an 18-55mm Nikkor to get me started. The cheapest I've managed to find this was on the website below

http://www.kappsa.com/uk/nikon-d530...vr-grey.html?gclid=CP2S9vWSy8QCFabHtAodE1UA0g

As it seems a good £100 cheaper than some of the high street retailers, I'm just a little wary. Has anyone used these people before?

Cheers, Sam

If you read their conditions, (I can only see them in French as I am in France), they basically say that they CANNOT provide a VAT invoice, that they are HK based and it is the responsibility of the buyer to pay any taxes and duties that may be payable.

If this is the case you are taking a chance that you may have to pay VAT and a clearance (processing) charge

Last edited:
If you read their conditions, (I can only see them in French as I am in France), they basically say that they CANNOT provide a VAT invoice, that they are HK based and it is the responsibility of the buyer to pay any taxes and duties that may be payable.

Ah good call, Bill. Thank you.

Well I'll pencil-in Hdewcameras as being the favourite at the moment pending a few more Google searches.

I'd prefer to actually walk into a shop and buy one but I'm not sure if there's anywhere local to me which can compete with the online prices.

Sam

Ah good call, Bill. Thank you.

Well I'll pencil-in Hdewcameras as being the favourite at the moment pending a few more Google searches.

I'd prefer to actually walk into a shop and buy one but I'm not sure if there's anywhere local to me which can compete with the online prices.

Sam

Hdew is mentioned a lot on here and as far as I am aware all has gone smoothly ...... I have bought from them and Panamoz without problems, deliveries have been quick and communications good with both companies.
You just have to be aware that they do not charge VAT but Hdew are UK based and Panama are HK based with a UK office. I believe that panamoz will refund any VAT if for some reason you have to pay it ....... but I am not sure that anyone on here who has bought from them has had to pay VAT as a separate transaction

Last edited:
Hdew do charge VAT and will provide a VAT receipt if requested. Hdew usually ship from their UK office so you shouldn't have any worries about import duty.

I've bought from Panamoz before as well with no issues, but they where a bit more expensive for this camera, hence why I never mentioned them :)

Last edited:
Back