Wild Karakoram from the air

I really like the 8 shot panorama. How far would you have travelled in the time it took to take the photo?

Last edited:
I really like the 8 shot panorama. How far would you have travelled in the time it took to take the photo?

That was my first thought too. Most people worry about panorama heads, nodal points to rotate around etc and yet you can produce class shots like this from a plane!

Thanks for the comments!

The shots were taken in 1 minute and 3 seconds, so the plane would have travelled about 9 miles. Autopano Giga allows for stitching of images taken from multiple viewpoints, so works well on these types of panoramas.

Thanks Jon. Not quite as far as I first thought but still a great distance over land and negligible compared with the distances to the stars. Imaginative work!

That was my first thought too. Most people worry about panorama heads, nodal points to rotate around etc and yet you can produce class shots like this from a plane!

I can assure you never actaully need a panoramic head I have shot many a panorama handheld and some from a moving helicopter too.
That said this is a little extreme but I can see how it works.

not sure about 600mph relative to and versus distance .. are you seeing motion blur in the images?

Prints - maybe the OP - read his comments

Thanks for commenting folks, I have been away on holiday for a few weeks.

I sell quite a lot of large prints, and I can assure you there is no motion blur on any of them.....

Back