What's the point of it being better quality if you never take it anywhere? I'd rather have a decent picture/video than nothing at all and the mavic will easily be taken everywhere my dslr will, the karma is small but I don't fancy 2 backpacks

What's the point of it being better quality if you never take it anywhere? I'd rather have a decent picture/video than nothing at all and the mavic will easily be taken everywhere my dslr will, the karma is small but I don't fancy 2 backpacks
Makes you wonder how people cope with Phantoms and Inspires doesn't it?

Makes you wonder how people cope with Phantoms and Inspires doesn't it?

Well, I saw how Thomas Heaton carried his and it looked like a lot of effort (80L pack if I remember but he did have camping things too). If I can carry a 5DIV, 24-70 2.8, 360 camera (Ricoh theta s) and a drone all in 1 bag, regardless of quality (none are really that bad) then that's my preference, especially as small as my bag is, I can even fit a flash in and lunch for me and a 4 year old on days out. An inspire drone would be great but just not practical and I'm too lazy

Looking at that the video quality is going to be worse than Hero 4/Hero 5 on Karma, because it's not as good as Phantom 4.
I take this back, it seems in the Digital rev and Casey Neistat reviews they have the focus incorrectly set - not on infinity.
Mavic video and stills are very similar to Phantom 4 and a bit better than P3Pro.

This looks great at 4K though the bright light will be helping.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVejCkJFqiI

Last edited:
When do you go?
4th November. £250 put aside just incase :) Not bothered about the GoPro5. Nothing about it excites me.

As for the drone 'warz' here on TP, I'm not getting involved! :) I've not really had much time to look at all the videos popping up. I really liked how compact the Mavic looked in the Digital Rev video somewhere above. Then he opened it up and I thought it looked cheap. And I didn't like that footage (on the bridge). Not into the Karma either. Looks too big and bulky to take a flight.... not that I'd ever take a drone to India or anything, after all, they're are banned... apparently.

They both have 3 axis gimbals right?

I think if I was going to buy either of these, I'd wait a while until they are stable.

Update:
Oh. Looks like I'll be needing more than the £250 - SuperCharger £45. I REALLY wouldn't want to wait SIX hours for that thing to charge, £30 for the Hero4 harness thing (available soon = on launch?) Not sure what I'll be doing now.

Last edited:
You missed one important detail in my post, the Smiley, which indicates that it was just a jokey comment.
Chill out and have a think before you start calling people stupid, eh.

I actually said he made himself look stupid. Looking stupid and actually being stupid are two different things. So I didn't actually call him stupid

GoPro have now said the Karma will not be released till early next year, no reason has been given. They must have some issues with it as surely you'd want to be out before christmas and at the same time as the Mavic. Can't understand their reasoning behind this?

That's a real shame. There should be an alternative to DJI.

From what I've seen as the Mavic has slowly got in the hands of reviewers, the Karma has no chance of matching it as a drone, for flying ability or image quality.

Karma really does look like it's designed for people who are deep in the ecosystem, more amateur stuff.

It's possible the delay is to add more features though, the sensors in the Mavic mean it's incredibly stable and accurate.

Reviewers weren't overly impressed.
After getting used to seeing Mavic the Karma looks like a big plastic toy.

Back