Karting day off at Silverstone.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
My efforts from the WEC event at Silverstone, surprisingly my first time there with a camera after sporadic visits over the last 30 odd years. I read up the tips on shooting through fences and where the best spots are on the circuit before I went, still missed the area around the loop though. I in awe of some of the photos that have been posted already from the event and need some practice away from the kart tracks to approach anywhere near as good results.
Paul.

#1 I'm sure everyone has one of these, this was a heavy crop using a D750 F4 300 lens.
Silverstone WEC by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

The start from the exit of Club grandstand.

#3 Like everyone captured loads of Aston pics.
Silverstone WEC. by Paul Babington Photography, on Flickr

#4 Webber blitzing the field early on.

#5 ByKolles, looking forward to seeing this take on the Rebellions at Le Mans.

#6 Only caught the edge of the Wing with this 70-200 wide pan.

#7 Ferrari collecting plastic bags, shot through the fence on the inside of Copse.

#8 Winning car with the Strakka/Dome lighting up behind.

Great set Paul, really like #2 & #4, your karting photography skills have served you well ;-)

A good set..Silverstone is not the best of places for a spectator with a camera..but you have found some good spots.

Great set Paul, really like #2 & #4, your karting photography skills have served you well ;-)

Thanks Fran, I was back at trackside on Sunday shooting the little machines !

A good set..Silverstone is not the best of places for a spectator with a camera..but you have found some good spots.

Thank you Paul, I was with an old work colleague and his wife who were kind enough to take me there with them, so I felt a bit guilty about dragging them around Silverstone's vast open spaces, I will have to visit again and find some more of those spots.

Back