Kase Wolverine Filters advise

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Was just wondering if anybody ad much experience with them, they do seem pretty handy but I am also wondering if the magnetic aspect is more of a gimmick as at some point I imagine that magnetism might start to diminish. I already have a Lee kit, with only one soft grad filter at the moment, I didn't know whether to abandon ship and start again with Kase, or just save my money and invest in a couple of new filters. Any input appreciated

I have a full set of Lee stoppers and grads Soft, Medium and Hard in 0.6 and 0.9, they sit on my shelf gathering dust these days.

I bought the Kase Wolverine set which has a 3, 6 and 10 stop ND and a polariser all in a tiny, lightweight case. The magnets work just fine. I leave my magnetic rings in permanently and have also bought the magnetic lens covers so popping on a filter is very quick and easy. No faffing about with rings and holders etc. I also have the magnetic lens hood which is useful sometimes.

I think they are great.

I don't bother with Grads anymore since buying the R5. The R5 has plenty of dynamic range and if I really need to, I blend a couple of images in PS.

I agree with ecoleman. I went from Lee to Kase wolverine and really like them. I do wish the magnetic lens caps were a bit stronger though as they do seem to come off in the camera bag

Back