Kata Backpack

Edit My Images
No
This one: http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-kata-minibee-120-pl-backpack/p1530333

I bought about a month ago with a half price code, but they are now selling these at half price anyway. It really is a superb backpack. Really comfortable, well designed, very light. Lots of thoughtful technical features - including a tripod holder. The central compartment is really long and can take a 5DIII, with 2x Extender, 70-200 2.8 with the Hood, all fitted, easily. Plenty of room still for additional 2.8 lenses and another body. Considering it's very compact exterior dimensions, it's Tardis like. Also has a 13" laptop pouch. Straps are hugely comfy.

And it's a bargain.

Simon

Looks interesting! I would want to get a 5D3 with a Sigma 50-500 attached, what do you think? The 50-500 is listed as 95mm x 219mm compared with the 70-200 at 89mm x 199mm.

I'd be grateful if you could have a look at the laptop pocket for me. It's listed as suitable for a 13" laptop but mine is a 15" with a footprint of 38cm x 25.5cm.

I daren't buy *another* bag and have my gear not fit...!

The lens, no problems whatsoever. Remember, mine was with fitted canon 2x And hood. The laptop, I don't think so. I measured it was close, but on the tight/wrong side. They only claim 13" and it's very generous, but not enough I don't think. It's an incredible deal - I'd have been happy at full price and I have lots of bags :)

Thanks: appreciate the help. I'm torn. The laptop space may be a killer and, looking at some images, it appears that when you have it on your back the opening is accessible to unwanted fingers.

I've got other backpacks from Tamrac, Lowepro, and Kata. All have openings accessible to unwanted fingers. I don't think your backpack exists yet.

The kata, despite having the zip on the outsides like most, has a security fumble flap (my term) that you can put the zip pulls behind. I call it the fumble flap, as it slows down the opening of the zip (which is kind of the point I guess).

I've got other backpacks from Tamrac, Lowepro, and Kata. All have openings accessible to unwanted fingers. I don't think your backpack exists yet.
One of my bags is a Lowepro which has the opening into the camera section next to my back rather than open to fingers. The section open to fingers does, admittedly, contain some fairly valuable 'stuff'.

Back