Kata H-14?

Name
Wayne
Edit My Images
No
Anybody know if the Kata H-14 can comfortably fit a Canon 40D with a 70-200 2.8 IS attached in the main compartment? If not, any recommendations for a holster type bag that can?

Hi Wayner

I ordered a H-14 at the end of last year for my D200 + 70-200 VR and it is too small so sent it back. Lovely bag though. Hope this helps.

Geoff

I think a Lowepro Toploader 75AW will fit? Not 100% sure, so best check before buying. Not really a holster, but I can fit a Canon 20D with a 100-400L, inc. hood, attached in a Tamrac Velocity 9.

Thanks guys, I've also just noticed on Kata's website a 'new' H-16 model which I guess is bigger again, although as yet I can't find anyone selling them.
I was looking at the Lowepro Toploader 75 AW but most places were either out of stock or a bit pricey. I have always used Lowepro stuff before but Kata reviews make them very tempting.

I've got one and it will take a 30d with a 70-200F4 IS and and eyepiece extender and still do up just fine. How ever the 1.4TC is a step to far. I bought mine from "Chambrenoirecan" on ebay and it was far cheaper that I could find in the UK or here, and the shipping to france was really fast. One thing I will say though is, the Kata is as big as my Vanguard Kenline 50 and doesn't hold anyway near the same amount of stuff.

Tara

Hi Tara, thanks for that. I've just checked the specs on the 2 versions of the 70-200 and the 2.8 is about an inch longer than the f4 and a bit wider too. I may have to see if I can find local stocks to double check fit unless I can find a H-16 online.

I enquired with the UK distributor for KATA and they told me that the H-16 will available in the UK in august.

I intend to wait and see..

Wayner, that would make the 2.8 about the same length as the F4 plus the TC so I think that would be a no, no. The width would not be a problem, but I think you are stuffed on the extra length!

Tara

Back