Katie and Paul Engagement

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
We were out for Katie and Paul's shoot today - and decided on Chatsworth gardens .... so one camera one lens and a flash stuffed in my pocket

There was everyone and their dog around - so it was interesting to get shots without people in them.

A few from the session

DSC_5263.jpg

DSC_5225.jpg

DSC_5236.jpg

DSC_5183.jpg

DSC_5143.jpg

DSC_5255.jpg

Why B&W for #11 Simon? #9 looks so lovely that I'd think 11 would too. Of course it might look a bit too much like #9 then...

Not so keen on 6 (boring fountain dominates the composition) and 7 (people get in the way of awaterfall shot!) but the rest are just great. You turn these high quality sets out so consistently it is amazing.

Why B&W for #11 Simon? #9 looks so lovely that I'd think 11 would too. Of course it might look a bit too much like #9 then...

Not so keen on 6 (boring fountain dominates the composition) and 7 (people get in the way of awaterfall shot!) but the rest are just great. You turn these high quality sets out so consistently it is amazing.

Cheers Ian .... as for #11 in B+W - I just love B+W

Very nice! and the over riding thing throughout is that they appear natural and not overly posed and happy!. Love the walking down the steps one... lovely framing.

Very nice! and the over riding thing throughout is that they appear natural and not overly posed and happy!. Love the walking down the steps one... lovely framing.

Thanks Simon - I tend to favour a longer lens - and just let them get on with it (y)

This is a fantastic set. Lovely relaxed moments captured.

1 & 2 - lovely moment.
4 - beautiful, punchy image, lovely composition and conversion.
6 actually made me laugh. I think its my dirty mind :) I think it would have been even funnier if they'd been kissing :D - can you bring out some more detail in the sky, maybe a grad filter in LR?

1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10 all look like they could use a little more contrast IMO

This is a fantastic set. Lovely relaxed moments captured.

1 & 2 - lovely moment.
4 - beautiful, punchy image, lovely composition and conversion.
6 actually made me laugh. I think its my dirty mind :) I think it would have been even funnier if they'd been kissing :D - can you bring out some more detail in the sky, maybe a grad filter in LR?

1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10 all look like they could use a little more contrast IMO

Thanks Chris .... I tend to err on less contrast images - just my style

#6 - the sky wasn't brilliant to start with - My mind had the fountain beautifully separated from said sky .... oh well :)

Lovely work. Crisp and clear. Only points I can add -

10 - I think could do with tighter crop

7 - I think the subjects are a little lost in shot

6 looks flat

3 groom doesn't look relaxed

Lovely work. Crisp and clear. Only points I can add -

10 - I think could do with tighter crop

7 - I think the subjects are a little lost in shot

6 looks flat

3 groom doesn't look relaxed

Thanks

#10 I wanted the RHS top bushes and the second bridge support and think the result is balanced

#6 just didn't work ... the sky makes it look flat - and it was

#3 he seemed OK - but on all these engagement shoots it is the first time working with a couple - and sometimes they take some warming up - coupled with hoards of people around and I think they did quite well

Thanks

#10 I wanted the RHS top bushes and the second bridge support and think the result is balanced

#6 just didn't work ... the sky makes it look flat - and it was

#3 he seemed OK - but on all these engagement shoots it is the first time working with a couple - and sometimes they take some warming up - coupled with hoards of people around and I think they did quite well

Can only imagine how difficult it is to get a guy to relax in situations like this!!! Anybody points a camera at me and I do the invisible man thing :)

I hate you more every time you post these engagement shoots!

:D

Great shoot, and I like #6!

These are missing the Simon Revill PPing.. They are lacking the pp that draws the viewer into the shot...

MD

I hate you more every time you post these engagement shoots!

:D

Great shoot, and I like #6!

Cheers Nigel

These are missing the Simon Revill PPing.. They are lacking the pp that draws the viewer into the shot...

MD

Believe it or not - they have the exact same processing as always - from LR to PS inc vignettes ...

It shows that the scenery within the shoot alters the look slightly

I'd be more than happy with a set like that. I presume Chatsworth was busy so did you have much of an audience?

I'd be more than happy with a set like that. I presume Chatsworth was busy so did you have much of an audience?

Thanks Colin

It was busy as the sun was out ! ..... they were dying with all the attention - and I was waiting for the heavy mob to arrive :)

This shot where they were trying the dip ..... if you know Chatsworth is out in the open - and we were surrounded !

DSC_5269.jpg

Back