Katie in the Oil Seed Rape

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Katie saw a photo a while back of a pair of legs with heels in a lavender field so we thought we would try the same in an oil seed rape field.

Legs.jpg

Legs%20in%20the%20Rape%20Seed.jpg

Eyes instantly drawn to the dirt on the bottom of the shoe...Sorry! :(

I think the first one works better with the legs being more vertical like the stems of the plants and the shoes being more in a vee in the line of the plants.

Canola is a slightly better name than Rape! :)

I didn't notice anything on the shoe at all until it was pointed out, so I'd not worry too much. The first carries most impact, even though the legs & shoes are a smaller part of the image than number 2.

Canola eh.... Never known it by any other name than oil seed rape or rape seed... Interesting

Thanks for the comments really constrictive. I had also not noticed the dirt but to some its obviously important..... Ah after some quick googling there looks like Canola comes from the rape seed but you are right it sounds better

Last edited:
IIRC from years back, Granola is a specific variety of Rape and Rape covers the whole species. Unfortunate as it may be, Rape is probably more correct in this case than Granola and we can't do much about 2 words spelled and pronounced the same with such different meanings!

Granola?

The Canadians use the term Canola in the same way we say Rape, though it may well refer to a single variety just like Hoover. :)

Back