Kaz at sunrise

Name
Kol Tregaskes
Edit My Images
Yes
A shot of my Golden Retriever, Kaz. He's a poser as you can tell. ;-)

Seriously though, it's very hard to capture him as he doesn't stay still for more than a few seconds. At just 3 years old he's is so full of energy especially when I take him out for his walk! I reckon he could keep going all day long!

But luckily on one of my early morning expeditions I caught him. He was standing up on a mound near a pond while the Sun was coming up and the sky was a wonderful yellowy-orange. I think he might of heard a train coming and so went into 'alert mode' - Kaz loves to chase the trains, but so far he's never caught up with one. ;-)

Again this is Edenbridge and at a place called Prettymans Pond. I'm not sure what it's called that but it's fantastic little pond and I've spent many an hour here practicing my photography and taking shots of the pond and the trees in every way I can think of. I've found that by going back to the same place over and over again you eventually see different angles for shots and find different ways of capturing the same subject. I've also tried to go here at different times of the day in different weather conditions. It's been very interesting to see the changes these bring and I've certainly learnt how to look at things with a photographer's eye.

The original shot was actually published in a weekly newspaper. I was very chuffed to see my dog and my photo in print. It's not every day that happens to me. :)

Very nice shot.

The sharp branches on the left are a little distracting, and it would have been nice to see the paws . Apart from that OK

love the shot, great pose great dog , i have 2 of my own there superb dogs

Back