Keen but ignorant :)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello fellow happy snappers,

I'm joining up to get some much needed constructive criticism!

Taking photographs is quite an important part of my job (I'm a botanist) and I get to travel to really cool places, but my inability to do them justice frustrates me! I can take a decent (scientific) close-up, but dont know anything about how to compose a decent landscape or anything more artistic.

So, I've handed back the old Nikon Coolpix 4500 that is provided by my work and bought my very own grown-up camera (not quite a dslr but a step in the right direction). I've been clicking away and hope to get some feedback - don't hold back, I can take it ;)

Lisa

Welcome Lisa. I have a great macro lens, but have used it entirely for portraits since I got it. So much for my help then!

Enjoy the new camera.

Hello fellow happy snappers,

I'm joining up to get some much needed constructive criticism!

Taking photographs is quite an important part of my job (I'm a botanist) and I get to travel to really cool places, but my inability to do them justice frustrates me! I can take a decent (scientific) close-up, but dont know anything about how to compose a decent landscape or anything more artistic.

So, I've handed back the old Nikon Coolpix 4500 that is provided by my work and bought my very own grown-up camera (not quite a dslr but a step in the right direction). I've been clicking away and hope to get some feedback - don't hold back, I can take it ;)

Lisa

hi and welcome
botanists are infamous for their out of focus badly composed shots of the worlds most interesting flora...joking...
if you have a bridge camera you may find this is quite ok for macro shots and general field work
a dslr of course will extend your lens power and picture quality no end...and take more money out of the bank
good luck
my father in law was a very serious amateur botanist in some respects as a professor of pharmacy

Back