Keeping camera dry.

Edit My Images
No
I know there are several way to keep the camera dry, my favourite is stop in the house (I spent years of getting soaked to the skin at work). From the humble plastic bag, through umbrellas to the big fancy camera sleeves.

As our weather can be changeable having some plastic bags works in an emergency makes sense but what would you recommend as the best sort of thing that is easily carried, quick to deploy and does the job well?

Weatherproofed cameras and lenses. ;)

I always have a black bin bag with me anyway, even though my bags and kit are supposed to be waterproof.

Some plastic freezer type bags and rubber bands
Worked perfect down Porthcawl youtube filming and photography in storm Ciara/Dennis - especially with the sea spray and waves crashing over the sea defences

The car!

I hope that's a joke! I don't even wear one to keep my hair dry, lol.

Neither do I. I don't have any :)

You said....

what would you recommend as the best sort of thing that is easily carried, quick to deploy and does the job well?

A shower cap fulfils all three of those requirements. I used one several times when in Wales last week shooting waterfalls in drizzle & sudden showers the same as I have over the past several years. Keeps the camera dry, elasticated bottom so it stays in place & if you can fit a condom in your pocket you can fit a shower cap in there too ;)

Simply change to Olympus pro bodies and lenses totally weatherproof

I got totally caught out in Russia this year, on a press podium and the heavens opened! Security not letting anyone off!

Bought a couple of these, they pack up small enough (and lightweight), cheap, quite robust and will always have a couple in my bag from now on!

T

I got totally caught out in Russia this year, on a press podium and the heavens opened! Security not letting anyone off!

Bought a couple of these, they pack up small enough (and lightweight), cheap, quite robust and will always have a couple in my bag from now on!

T

I put the lens cap on and don't worry I can start re shooting if the front element is dry

Thats what I did when I shot this I was not happy because I had cold neck as jacket leaked.

Wasdale sleet and rainbow by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Back