keira with polly.

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
just a shot of my daughter with her ted .
now i dont normally use backdrops " because i did not have any"

but i was given some material fri night . just thought id try this see what you thought..

keke-red.jpg

tfl

md(y)

I like it a lot
her toes look out of focus tho
I think it might be improved if you moved her forward so the background was OOF

not arf bad tho! (y)

Nice to see you trying a bit of colour there Dave! (y)

Personally, I do find the red a bit of a 'heavy' colour for a casual kiddie portrait, but I guess youre just testing it out ... I bet it would look great for the 'lahdeees' ;)

Agree that some distance between the subject & the cloth would help with the creases but I guess you know that too.

Im also thinking that a hair light would give a nice bit of definition here (says she that has yet to try it herself).

She's such a little sweetie, youre lucky to have such cute & willing models at hand :)

Im also thinking that a hair light would give a nice bit of definition here

Good point - the flash bouncing back from white backgrounds can give definition and separation, whereas with colour it's more common to use a light behind the subject as a hair/rim light. Space being an issue for you here MD, I think you'd have to use a small flash (such as a normal on-camera type) wall-mounted (then flag it to avoid light entering your lens from the flash directly)

Red is overpowering her too, and as others say... a bit more distance to hide the folds would be good, as would the effect of it then being underexposed and darker compared to the subject

The real 'problem' with coloured backgrounds is that people often choose them to suit their furnishings, so when they change things the photo won't fit in and ends up in the loft

Still, that may make them come back for another one in the new colour I guess (y)

Is her doll really called ted?

I agree with what's been said already, i love the pose, and her cheeky smile.

Almost inspires me to have children.....(not) ;)

Lovely little girl. Just thought a plainer top would lead to less confusion with the doll. Nice portrait.:)

Back