Critique required Kell's 2023 TP52 - WEEK 52. Shots(s) of the year.

Week 41 - UPRIGHT

I've tried a version of this shot before (not for any 52) but wasn't really pleased with it. Still not over the moon as I've seen this done befire with much greater effect - maybe it actually needs more buildings. Anyway - taken on a hill then levelled the road so all the UPRIGHTS are .. well, not.

TP522023 - WK41 - UPRIGHT-5 by Kell, on Flickr

TP522023 - WK41 - UPRIGHT-10 by Kell, on Flickr

Bonkers shot of the week methinks :)

I like :)

I did look at that and thought it a bit odd that you hadn't levelled it off, but then I worked out what you'd done (and the comments confirmed it!). Nice twist on the theme!

Nice idea, good take on the theme.

Bonkers shot of the week methinks :)

I like :)

I did look at that and thought it a bit odd that you hadn't levelled it off, but then I worked out what you'd done (and the comments confirmed it!). Nice twist on the theme!

Thanks all.

I think maybe having somewhere with more obvious vertical lines might help sell the illusion a bit more.

Upright- Ooh that is so wrong :), can't stop thinking of the Crooked pub or ex pub now.

LOL, I was tilting my laptop before I saw that you had posted an unaltered image...

That looks like Wycombe hill, been up and down that too many times.

Interesting idea and I was going to use a variation of it, but did not in the end

Pete

That looks like Wycombe hill, been up and down that too many times.

Interesting idea and I was going to use a variation of it, but did not in the end

Pete

Marlow Hill - but yes, it's in Wycombe.

I have to cycle up it every night as part of my commute. Not as much fun as coming down it in the mornings.

Week 42 - Forgotten.

Went down to the shed at the bottom of our garden to see what I'd put in there and FORGOTTEN all about.

Found these for attaching a roofbox to some bars. No idea why I've kept them as there's only three and I need four.

TP522023 - WK42- FORGOTtEN-2
by Kell, on Flickr

Discovered this frisbee type toy hiding in the bushes. I think it was left behind by the previous owners of our house. Guess they've FORGOTTEN about it by now.

TP522023 - WK42- FORGOTtEN-5
by Kell, on Flickr

But I thought I'd go with this one. Just a reminder that our loved ones may have gone, but they're never forgotten.

TP522023 - WK42- FORGOTtEN-6
by Kell, on Flickr

Three nice shots for the theme Kell :)

Good set for the theme Kell, nearly everyone can relate to your chosen shot.
Those things for attaching a roof box might come handy one day though. Probably not though :) . but... (That's my shed logic)

Good set for the theme Kell, nearly everyone can relate to your chosen shot.
Those things for attaching a roof box might come handy one day though. Probably not though :) . but... (That's my shed logic)

Thanks Keith.

Totally my shed logic too.

Nice theme set. Love your chosen shot.

and...we've all got garages/sheds like that. I was pottering around in my full garage the other day thinking of all the things I could take to the tip, but didn't on the basis they might be useful one day :LOL:

Week 43 - SPOOKY

Walking back from work last night. Sony RX10 IV.

SPOOKY because who likes clowns?

TP522023 - WK43- SPOOKY-2 by Kell, on Flickr

Also have to walk past Tussauds on the way to the station.

TP522023 - WK43- SPOOKY-18 by Kell, on Flickr

There's a Mexican restaurant near work that also has a supermarket next door. Dia de los Muertos is at a similar time to Halloween and Guy Fawkes night, so it was decorated eith the following. It was shut, but I grabbed these through the windows.

TP522023 - WK43- SPOOKY-1-2 by Kell, on Flickr

TP522023 - WK43- SPOOKY-6 by Kell, on Flickr

TP522023 - WK43- SPOOKY-7 by Kell, on Flickr

However, they almost seemed too jolly.

But this last one had very different light. That slight greenish cast gave a slightly more SPOOKY feel - so that's the one I'm using for this week.

TP522023 - WK43- SPOOKY-4 by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nicely spooky set there Kell :)

I think I prefer #3 or #4, as #5 seems a bit shiny. Was this shot with flash, or was that the natural light (and therefore unavoidable).
Hi Tim.

All with natural light.

Shot through a window so there are reflections everywhere.

Ah I see. So unavoidable then. I understand your choice, with the different light, but having struggled to avoid sheen (unsuccessfully on occasions) on some of the cosplayers I shoot, I prefer the earlier shots in the series. :)

Good set, agree with your choice as being a bit darker helps with the spookiness

Forgotten: lovely dof and sheen on the leaves as opposed to the softness feather. Nice one.
Spooky: I'm with you on the clowns!

WEEK 44 - Captive.

We recently had new windows fitted and as part of it, we finally had a cat flap fitted to the door downstairs.

Before that, we left the window in the upstairs office open for our cat to come and go.

He's a creature of habit, so despite the fact that the cat flap is unlocked, he will sit behind me and miaow to be let out like I'm holding him CAPTIVE.

(Just for ref - this is a Dormer. so he can jump out and on to the sloped roof. He's not jumping down a whole floor.)

TP522023 - WK44 - CAPTIVE by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice kitty shot - our's won't use a cat flap either.

He probably loves the attention rather than helping himself. Nicely silhouetted.

Last edited:
What an amazing house! Well spotted and bang on theme.

Odd about the mistake.

Last edited:
Nice choice - but I think I might have gone for #3 of the previous set.

Good stuff. No2 with the bikes for me ta :)

Nice choice - but I think I might have gone for #3 of the previous set.

Thanks.

I did think of that one because it would fulfil the tech. Taken on my iPhone - equivalent of 13mm.

But I couldn’t get a shot without the streetlight bleeding in.

Back