Kelpies

Now that's VERY different.
Beautiful processing, loving the way the clouds come forth from the back of the heads.

I'm not a great fan of B+W but sometimes it just works. This works (y) There's a great sense of drama created by the movement in the clouds and the viewpoint, with the left hand horse seeming to be giving you such a condescending look down its nose.

I saw the title and expected just another Kelpies photo but this is not just another Kelpies photo, this has to be up there with the best, very well done, really makes sense of the scultpture.

I saw the title and expected just another Kelpies photo but this is not just another Kelpies photo, this has to be up there with the best, very well done, really makes sense of the scultpture.

Thanks ,,, I'm hoping it will do well in club b&w print comp this year.

The super tight crop at the top is killing me along with the odd position for the sig and the slanted horizon, ( I suspect artistic licence there :) ) also there are a couple of dust/sensor spots.
Now that is out of the way, really like the b+w treatment, movement in the clouds works well, and the image does convey a sense of being there in that moment so well done.

i lived in larbert for a bit before these were sculpted...left the mother country in 1980 for the smoke

i was in the west cornwall camera club...met in penzance

hope you win...get the mount right
cheers
geof

Very nice, the best picture I've seen of the Kelpies

Love the foreground composition and texture with the gentle curve. Works so well in B&W and the long exposure movement in the sky is sooo dramatic. Only improvement would be to give the ears a bit more space!

Back