Kemble info?

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
Yes
Apologies if this is not quite the right section but it was the best I could find!

I am thinking of going to Kemble (Cotswold) airshow this weekend and am wondering how early I need to get there to ensure I place at the crowdline. Does anyone have any experience and can comment?
I gather gates open at 8 and flying starts at 11 which is a pretty big window.....

btw. any hints on where best to park myself would also be welcome. (assuming a 70-300mm DX lens means the closer the better?)

Thanks,
Toby

You are pretty much guaranteed a spot on the crowd line at Kemble, Certainly thats the case of previous years. This year I see they have stage seating, which I guess you have to pay for. Again, there is a spot better than other really. The runway dips quite a bit near the cirencster end, but you get a pretty good view of the runway wherever you are and the displays are often up and down the full length of the runway on which the crowd line sits.

300mm should be more than enough for the flybys.
I was wishing I had something a bit wider than 300mm today on FF.

Yeh, shouldn't be a problem getting a good spot.

Flying starts at 11? Watch out for the sneaky lunch break at 1 (maybe 12).

Plenty of Hunters this year. Having said that, one made a mayday call today (fuel leak / flameout) and thankfully landed ok!

Weather looks crap :-(

Yeh, shouldn't be a problem getting a good spot.

Flying starts at 11? Watch out for the sneaky lunch break at 1 (maybe 12).

Plenty of Hunters this year. Having said that, one made a mayday call today (fuel leak / flameout) and thankfully landed ok!

Weather looks crap :-(

Were you there today? I was watching Miss Demaeanour and got some shots of her as she did her display. Heard someone mention something about a mayday call and fuel leak. Could certainly smell it as she flew by.

Useful info in the thread thanks.
I am going on Sunday for the first time to this event...looks better weather for Sunday too....
Will be taking a canon 40d + 70-200 f4 is + 1.4 tc
I don't want to lug loads of stuff but which if any of my other lenses would you take:
10-22, 17-55, 28 or 50 prime?

17-55 for ground/static stuff would be my choice. Not sure the 10-22 would be much use during the day as barriers/people will get in the way.

Bear in the mind the traffic is likely to be pretty ropey all through Cirencester towards the airfield if you are going that way. Allow a little extra time for that

Back