Kenilworth Castle - Warwickshire - Star Trails

Lovely trail pic, especially with the flare as well.

Was thinking about trying the Castle for an ISS attempt.

Can I ask where you were stationed ?

Lovely trail pic, especially with the flare as well.

Was thinking about trying the Castle for an ISS attempt.

Can I ask where you were stationed ?

Hi Viv, thanks I'm pleased that you like the picture, as to where I was positioned, if you know the castle, there is a car park and visitors centre on the Kenilworth side, I was close to that entrance where there is a public foot path, I was just into that field there, since your local if you ever want to join me on a shoot you would be made welcome (y)

Matt

Hi Viv, thanks I'm pleased that you like the picture, as to where I was positioned, if you know the castle, there is a car park and visitors centre on the Kenilworth side, I was close to that entrance where there is a public foot path, I was just into that field there, since your local if you ever want to join me on a shoot you would be made welcome (y)

Matt

Hi Matt,

It's been a couple of years since I was down that way, just couldn't remember how close the castle was to the main road / car park.

Brilliant - thank you - would love to tag along, when you do a shoot :cool: (y)

Hi Matt,

It's been a couple of years since I was down that way, just couldn't remember how close the castle was to the main road / car park.

Brilliant - thank you - would love to tag along, when you do a shoot :cool: (y)

You will be more than welcome (y)

wow Matt - you did good mate - this is so brill and I love the castle too (y)

simply brill... I so wanna give this a go!

Thank you, I'm pleased that you like it, you should go out and give it a go thumbs, just make sure that you have the composition and focus right as it's really frustrating when its wrong or OOF after two hours of shooting, trust me I've been on the wrong end of that :baby: :crying:

Matt
MWHCVT

Congrats on getting explored, fab shot image like the video as well :clap:

Thanks Dave, I'm very much pleased with the explore and the photo is just :cool: I was really happy with it as soon as I saw it, it required very little editing :D I'm happy with the video it was more a little bit of fun :D to see what it looked like :D

Matt

Given the interest in this photo I've now added a tutorial to TP on how to achieve this type of photo (y)

LINK TO GUIDE

I also hope to get a section added to TP dedicated to night time photography if you think this would be a good idea please show your support HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Back