Kenko on 18-55mm test for MikeSmithNE

Edit My Images
Yes
Right, just a quick test mate (and for any one else as I know extension tubes pop up alot etc)

First pic is 18-55 lens at 55mm

second with the 36mm extension
third with 36+20mm
4th36+20+12mm

ALL ROUGH PICS IN RAW BEFORE YOU LOT START BULLYING ME! lol :LOL:

Hope it helps

knife.jpg

knife_1.jpg

knife_2.jpg

knife_3.jpg

knife_4.jpg

i would expect more magnification than this :thinking: try at 18mm and set the lens to its closest focusing position , then focus by moving the camera backwards / forwards.

55 is the closest on the lens, this gives near enough a 1:1 ratio you would get with any macro lens

Nice demo there Robbo, I might be adding a set of extension tubes to my "things to get" list :D

Nice demo there Robbo, I might be adding a set of extension tubes to my "things to get" list :D

Definately recommend them for anyone who can't afford a macro lens, they are really well built and keep all the electric connections!

Even recommend them for people who have macro lens lol I get 2.5:1 with mine now, like the 5p thread I done.

Even recommend them for people who have macro lens lol I get 2.5:1 with mine now, like the 5p thread I done.

Showed that to a bloke at work who's borrowing my minolta 100mm macro, he was more than a little impressed!

Showed that to a bloke at work who's borrowing my minolta 100mm macro, he was more than a little impressed!

Ah thanks :) that's good to know, not everyone replies so you can never tell what to think some times lol

Ah thanks :) that's good to know, not everyone replies so you can never tell what to think some times lol

Thanks Robbo...just what I needed...looks like i'll be investing in a set of those tubes then!

I'm very impressed with the test.

Once I've got them and done some shots I'll give you a shout :)

Back