kenko teleconverter dg v dgx difference

Edit My Images
Yes
hi all can anyone tell me the difference between the dg and dgx version please

Basically the DGX will report the true focal length and aperture, the DG will report it as if the TC isn't there.

Optically they are the same.

DGX is fooling the camera into believing that it's not there, even though it reports in the exif data. That allows the camera to try to AF even though the aperture may exceed it's spec. This also causes issues with some lenses though I found, especially, Sigma ones, that do not like this and their AF becomes erratic.

seems to me that there are so many teleconverter options out there and not quite as much info to help in making a purchase easier regardless of what make of camera body you use

I have a dgx version and my 135L is not recognised unfortunately. So just be aware.

I have had DG for 2 years and it reports correct focal length on a my 60D and 7D both crop sensers It even shows up on the 7D micro adjustment so when I use my 70 200 F4L camera shows just that, when I put the DG on as well camera shows both together so I can adjust for either setup

Last edited:
The chap I just sold my 1.4 DG to tells me it reports the total focal length on his lens :)

hi just got the 2x dg converter and works on all my none hsm lenses and reports all info correctly

Last edited:
Back