Kennal Vale - Local woodland/fast flowing water (ND)

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
Hello TP'ers.

I went to my local woodland yesterday with my trusty camera and gear.

However, it wasn't until I got back that I realised I was using the wrong white balance (arghhh!!!). I was shooting in the studio recently and didn't change it back to Daylight. I knew it wasn't going to be easy to do much with them and i'm not sure if i can rectify them due to having shot in JPEG and not RAW. (I think I've learnt my lesson on this front)

The following are pictures I took, C&C is welcome. I tried adjusting the colour balance in an attempt to resurrect the colours but I'm not sure if htese are salvageable. What do you think??

IMG_9512_2 by GraemeWilletts, on Flickr

IMG_9480_2 by GraemeWilletts, on Flickr

IMG_9505_2 by GraemeWilletts, on Flickr

IMG_8999_2_WEB by GraemeWilletts, on Flickr

IMG_9001_2 by GraemeWilletts, on Flickr

Cheers (y)

you can always open the image as a RAW file in CS 5 and alter the WB

like this (y)

6493145939_f2cdc6055e_z.jpg

Les :D

you can always open the image as a RAW file in CS 5 and alter the WB

Les :D

Thanks Les, i still can't help feel the image has lost its impact somewhat, maybe PS is no true replacement for shooting the image correctly in the first place, however I shall have to look at that and give it a go, so thank you. Previously I was altering the colour balance.

A nice set,, well done,, its only about 5mins from me too,, here are some of mine from there too..

Awesome, seems we live in the same town - Falmouth. It's a nice little place and also fantastic to find someone else on here that lives in the same town! I'm sure us Cornwall folk are scarce on here. :)
Nice shots.

Thanks Les, i still can't help feel the image has lost its impact somewhat, maybe PS is no true replacement for shooting the image correctly in the first place, however I shall have to look at that and give it a go, so thank you. Previously I was altering the colour balance.

Awesome, seems we live in the same town - Falmouth. It's a nice little place and also fantastic to find someone else on here that lives in the same town! I'm sure us Cornwall folk are scarce on here. :)
Nice shots.

I think the impact of the water is still there, just not so BLUE :LOL:

Les ;)

love the foamy water but more than that the exquisite greens and browns
cheers
Geof

Back