weekly Kennysarmy's 2012 Project of FOUR lenses...January week FOUR added

kennysarmy

Yeah but can your army do this?
Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
See below for details of this project :)

Links to the photos:
1. January with Canon 10-22 http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4310081&postcount=5
2. January with Canon 50mm http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4335342&postcount=11
3. January with Canon 17-55f2.8is http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4355681&postcount=15
4. January with Canon 70-200 f4 IS L http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4372304&postcount=18

I've decided to give the Project 52 a miss this year and instead intend to do the following:

I have four lenses in my current line-up.

1: Canon 10-22
2: Canon 50mm f1.4
3: Canon 17-55 f2.8 IS
4: Canon 70-200 f4 IS L

I intend to take four photos each month, one per week with each lens and these will be taken in strict rotation in the order above....

There will be no set subject for each week - but I am hoping this project will at least ensure the camera gets a weekly outing...

Last edited:
Great idea for a personnal challenge Jeff....look forward to seeing your work (y)

go for it jeff... i'm swapping my 50mm restriction for a 100-400 with x2 extender just so i can get those hard to reach bedroom windows... AHEM!! ...i mean great street photography shots as i'm shy and retiring and don't like being in peoples faces with a camera ..

Great colours on that picture. Though I can't look at it for long as it makes my eyes hurt, could be the perspective.

Hi Jeff - what an interesting project. Good luck! :)

Jan 10-22 shot - That's excellent. It's a good application of the wide angle lens. The pattern on the floor really draws you into the shot. I'm not a great HDR fan but you've used it to good effect here. The whole shot just works! Great start. :clap:

Jean

No, it's just very difficult to keep up with all these threads!

It's a great shot. I'm new to this, and wouldn't have believed you if you'd told me it was possible to love a lens, but the nifty fifty my wife bought me for Christmas is part of the family now!!!

Self portrait: 50mm: It's a really good shot and you've controlled the dof very well. You look a little disengaged from the shot - almost as though you are deliberately turning away from the camera. That's not a criticism, just an observation. I don't think people should always be peering into the lens and gurning!!! What would make it for me is moving a little to your left so the bookcase runs all across the background. The white space by you right ear is a bit distracting. I hope this doesn't sound too negative - I'm only nit-picking. :)

I love the catchlights in your eyes and the b&w conversion - very crisp and with that 'film' look I always love.

Isn't the nifty fifty a great lens! :)

January 17-55mm 2.8: Wow that is dripping with atmosphere! It looks like an illustration out of a Dickens' novel. The light is superb. I bet this looks fantastic printed large. Cracking shot, Jeff. :clap:

Jean

What would make it for me is moving a little to your left so the bookcase runs all across the background. The white space by you right ear is a bit distracting.

Was also going to mention the bookcase, not only because I hadn't realised you could read, but just found it (the bookcase) distracting. As Jean says, maybe have it all across the background and/or throw it out of focus a bit more (shot was taken at f4.0).

I love the catchlights in your eyes
Ahhh...! :hug:

The only thing I could say negative about the St Swithuns church shot is that (for me) there's not enough of the church in shot i.e. the spire, but there's not much you could have done about that! Other than that though, it's (another) great image. (y)

January 70-200: I think there's a brilliant shot in there, but for me, it isn't packing the punch it should. What I would have loved to see was a much closer shot of that electricity pylon from a low angle piercing that amazing sky.

I realise I might be asking for the impossible, Jeff - sorry!

The 70-200's a great lens for getting something to fill the frame and this looks more like a wide-angle subject to me. I'll be interested to see what other people think. :)

Well done on your first set of 4, Jeff. Only 11 more sets to go. :D

Jean

Personally, I'd slice a chunk off the top (to just above the whispy cloud) and a smaller chunk off the bottom and have a a 1:3 ratio 'widescreen' shot. Love the colouring. :)

January 70-200: I think there's a brilliant shot in there, but for me, it isn't packing the punch it should. What I would have loved to see was a much closer shot of that electricity pylon from a low angle piercing that amazing sky.

I realise I might be asking for the impossible, Jeff - sorry!

The 70-200's a great lens for getting something to fill the frame and this looks more like a wide-angle subject to me. I'll be interested to see what other people think. :)

Well done on your first set of 4, Jeff. Only 11 more sets to go. :D

Jean

HA-HA - trespass you mean??? :D

Personally, I'd slice a chunk off the top (to just above the whispy cloud) and a smaller chunk off the bottom and have a a 1:3 ratio 'widescreen' shot. Love the colouring. :)

Good shout :)

Back