Kestrel hunting (image added in thread)

Edit My Images
Yes
Much better when I can get the right side of the bird and have the sun behind me, this bird actually caught a vole (unfortunately obscured from my view), and flew up the lane and landed on a gate post with it. Would have got some shots but the heat rising off the ground made that impossible.

Last edited:
Fabulous shot. Great colours.

I bet you didnt take that today lol - "the heat rising off the ground made that impossible" - oh to have some hot (or even warm days) would be lovely lol.

Linda

I bet you didnt take that today lol - "the heat rising off the ground made that impossible" - oh to have some hot (or even warm days) would be lovely lol.

Linda

It was taken midday today ....

I know it sounds daft but when the air is cold, on a day like today the sun will heat up the ground, as the ground becomes warmer than the air, the heat rises off the ground. This gives a clearly visible heat haze or shimmer especially when looking through 700mm of lens (y)

Nice in flight shot, it was freezing here today when I was out with a biting wind :(

It was freezing where I was stood taking that shot Ken, a nice biting easterly coming in from across the reservoir :)

Cracking shot fella...............(y)

Excellent - seeing the eye detail makes the shot I think.

Here it is on the gate post, you can see the effect of the air turbulence on the stuff that is out of focus in the background, looking through the viewfinder I could see that all shimmering

176_048.jpg

wow, that heat haze is amazing !!!

as for your first shot, well it's stunning :)

seems a few kestrels were out and about today !! :)

keep up the good work

Brilliant shot perfectly lit:)
Pete

Back