Kestrel - RSPB Rainham Marshes

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
Hello All!

I Hope you had as Great as weather as we had today! A Beautiful Sunshine Blue Sky day, which i would love to see more! as i was up early for college.. i noticed the Blue sky and ceased the opportunity, by skipping all my lectures and heading down to RSPB Rainham Marshes, where the wildlife failed to disappoint!

C&C is welcome! Thanks again!

vrd6hl.jpg

Panasonic GH1 - 100-300mm - Taken @ Full Zoom 300mm (600mm 35mm Equivalent)

Last edited:
Lovely sharp shot of the Kestrel.

I'm no expert but the plane doesn't work for me, and I find the vignette a little harsh (although it may just be my eye being drawn by the plane and then focussing on the vignette).

Michael

Last edited:
Was getting the plane in shot deliberate or an accident? :thinking: Whichever, I actually think it works quite well with the Kestrel (y) image could have more impact by cropping in.

Geoff

Whilst becoming trigger happy when I spotted the Kestrel, the plane happened to pass overhead. I thought it worked really niceley, otherwise it would of been a plain blue sky Background!

A nice accident, I think I'd crop it so the plane and bird where more opposed, say on points of thirds, to make a nice contrast between man-made and natural. However, I'm finding my eye drawn to the larger dust blob a lot, time for a sensor clean methinks.

Well spotted and captured Alex, I would also agree about using a different crop. My eye seems to be drawn more to the fancy frame rather than the subject :shrug:

A nice accident, I think I'd crop it so the plane and bird where more opposed, say on points of thirds, to make a nice contrast between man-made and natural. However, I'm finding my eye drawn to the larger dust blob a lot, time for a sensor clean methinks.

I Didn't even see that! well spotted, Looks like time for a sensor clean indeed!
Well spotted

Thanks to everyone giving comments! appreciate the feedback!

I Didn't even see that! well spotted, Looks like time for a sensor clean indeed!

You didn't notice it? :eek: Oh well, guess you not yet as tuned in to sensor dust blobs like the rest of us! ;) It looks like a biggish one so you may find a quick blast with one of those rubber hand-squeezed puffers will shift it.

Geoff

Nice shot....I've only been to Rainham twice or maybe 3 times but never spotted a Kestral. Maybe next time!

Back