Wild Kestrel

I prefer the second one - much more detail. Stunning shot!! How did you get so close?

Take me along next time :). I've yet to get any keepers of birds of prey - other than the captive kestrel I shot

you always have a chance of a sparrow hawk or buzzard at lochwinnoch,

Very true, saw a sparrow hawk on my first visit - it landed in-front of the visitor centre while I was in the photography hide - so missed the opportunity. Did see it fly past at speed though.

Strange, when uploading from my iMac( not flickr) the image has lost colour and vibrancy..will need to look at why thats happened.
A really nice image.
I am having the same problem when I upload from my PC.
Could you let me know if you find out what the problem is.

2nd is 100% better.

Worth putting the 1st on Flickr and linking to compare?

Super shots Mark....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:........(y)

Take me along next time :). I've yet to get any keepers of birds of prey - other than the captive kestrel I shot

Hi Gil I live in Chadderton just outside Oldham. I can more or less guarantee daily sightings of Kestrels in the wild also the Rochdale Peregrines hunting but getting keeper shots is nigh on impossible the b*ggers seem to know what a camera is.
I have the same Tamron lens as you have. If your ever over my way give me a shout and we can try for some decent shots together, need real sunny day though(y).

No doubting there is a colour shift between the 2, not sure on those reasons, but to me, the WB is quite a way out on the flickr shot in particular. Just a simple click of the pipette in lightroom on a neutral area makes a big difference, then you can maybe tweak that starter point to make it look like the light on the day was.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-24-at-11.51.22.jpg

As regards the shots themselves, good quality shots with nice poses and perfect backgrounds, nice head angles,

Mike

Back