Kestrels

Edit My Images
Yes
So all the young 'uns are out of the box, and now hanging around in a large tree nearby. I've counted four, so unfortunately it looks like my concern for the youngest was well founded. One has found a neat trick to get first dibs on what the parents bring back - he sits on top of the tree. They're all flying very well, so I guess it won't be long until they start hunting for themselves.

Here's the pick of my three visits over the last week or so.

4743344947_03a4d12a28_b.jpg

4730755423_558a3e0df7_b.jpg

4730755747_82367707a0_b.jpg

4730755557_f56b190834_b.jpg

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
One more, Flickr sized this one oddly - will try and find time to resize later.

4731400310_410f5ff7de.jpg

Good set -well spotted and nicely caught.

Great shots, I really like number 3. Is this at warnham mill pond by any chance?

(y)

No3 is my favourite.

Very nice set :)

:clap:

That is a stunning set of a stunning bird, I know not much crit in that comment but I wouldn't know what to crit on that's an awesome set :D

Super, really like these,well done.......(y)

Great shots, I really like number 3. Is this at warnham mill pond by any chance?

(y)

It's at Woods Mill near Henfield, my favourite location of the moment - very rarely see anyone else in the evening and dogs are not permitted on the reserve (y)

Need to do something about no. 4 - looks horribly blown compared to how it looked on the Mac at home.

Last edited:
A lovely set of pictures, its always good to see young ones too, thanks for sharing them (y)

Back