Kev (cruso)

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
I thought it would be more relevant to post this here.
I found out a couple of days ago that Kev ,who was due to visit me this week was not able to attend,i have since found out the reason why Kev could not make it this week .
Kev told me he injured his hand but after speaking to him not long ago he as informed me that he lost his hand in a accident ,there are more details but i dont think i need to go in to it all ,as this is going to affect Kev in a lot of ways...

I just want to use this page as a support page for Kev ,who as no doubt made many freinds from this forum,me personaly as i have met Kev and visited him on lots of ocassions and found him to be one of the nicest and helpfull wildlife photographers you will meet (especialy with his shorties) ...i have offered Kev my full support and help in anything he needs in the future ,this i will do as freind its the least i could do considering the way he as helped ...i hope anyone else that knows Kev would join in me in wishing Kev a succesfull recovery in his injury.......Kev as asked me to say that he sliced through his hand and the surgeons have re attached it , he didn't want it looking worse than it is

Last edited:
I've never met Kevin but have always appreciated his friendliness and helpful and encouraging comments.
I am so sorry to hear of this tragic accident and hope that in time he will make a successful adjustment from what must now seem such a devastating situation.
Thoughts are with you Kevin :)

Reactions: den
o.m.g thats terrible .left me gutted totally ,we have never met but we have been fellow contacts on flickr for several years .just don't know what to say really

Never met Kevin, but have always enjoyed his photos and helpfulness on this forum. Thoughts are with him and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

This is sad news not nice at all ,wish you well Kev.

Rob.

Last edited:
Terrible news. Never met Kev but some of his Shorties were superb

All the best for the future Kev

just read the last paragraph again ,hopefully they will have been able to perform some form of micro surgery to give him limited use of it ..it will be a long wait for him but its in the lap of the gods and surgeons ,thinking of you kev m8

Kev as asked me to say that he sliced through his hand and the surgeons have re attached it , he didn't want it looking worse than it is

Well that's some positive news but still devastating ... hope it all goes really well.

Again cheers for posting Den. I've not met Kev either but as with many have been wowed by his images. I,'d like to add my best wishes for him and hope things go well. this must be an incredibly difficult time.

Den,if there is anything we can collectively or individually do to help please ask

Stu

Thanks for bringing this dreadful news to our attention, Den.
Not only has Kev posted some great shots over many years, but he is one of the more thoughtful posters on this forum. Always responding to the posts of others in a positive and helpful way. His contributions will be missed - but hopefully he will find a way around his horrific injury and resume as normal a home and work life as is possible.
Good luck for the future Mate :)

Russ

Very unfortunate news!

I met Kev a few years ago and have done on quite a number of occasions since and it is always great to catch up. There isn't an area of Lincolnshire that I haven't bumped in to him, either planned or unplanned.

Always helpful and friendly, all best Kev, hope you get sorted quickly.

Like others,don't know Kev personally,but have admired his shots on here.Hope you make a full and speedy recovery mate.

Shocking to hear that. Must have been a horrible accident. I don't know Kevin at all, but wish him all the best.

Thanks for posting Den.

Like others,don't know Kev personally,but have admired his shots on here.Hope you make a full and speedy recovery mate.

Crumbs! I can but echo these sentiments and best wishes for ultimately as good an outcome as surgery, healing, physiotherapy etc can give give him.

THANKS THANKS AND THANKS AGAIN ! EVERYONE
For the kind thoughts and best wishes. it was very nice indeed to think how many friends I have made on TP .Some I have seen and a lot that I have not had the Pleasure yet ? Photo talk is the best forum to learn bar none . And like to think my photography has improved.I have had some great inspiration and help from its members
Kev

As many here I've never met you Kev, but looked at your wonderful images from around Linciolnshire, and I sincerely wish you a speedy and succesful recovery after such an horrendous accident

Gord

I wish you a speedy recovery Kevin, just remember even though you will have some down days think about all the good ones past and still to come ;) love looking at your images especially the shorty's as they are one of my faves to watch, and look forward to seeing your new ones when your ready to get back to it again which you will!

Just to echo the sentiments already expressed, your photographs and expertise is inspirational. I've never had the pleasure of your company but feel that I have by seeing all the really great shots you've so kindly shared here with us, particularly the SEO's which are truly amazing.
I'm sure you'll bounce back from this terrible accident and we'll get to see more of your work in the future.
My best wishes for a speedy but more importantly, full recovery and remember, you'll always have friends on here when things are tough.
Take care of yourself in the meantime.

Back