Keywords in Lightroom 2

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I am using LR2 to Keyword all my shots.

Normally I use an initial capital letter on my keywords but have 2 or 3 that are all lower case. I have tried to change these to Initial upper case but it keeps reverting to all lower. Is there any way to change this without creating a new catalog and redoing all the shots.

This may seem a minor iritation but it is driving me up the wall

Regards
Halflap

Why not try this?

Find all the photos with the keywork you want changing and put them in the quick collection (or any other collection).

Remove the keyword

Select the collection and apply the new keyword

Or in the keyword list right-click and edit keyword. That should work...

Or in the keyword list right-click and edit keyword. That should work...

That worked. Have not tried the other option suggested so I can only assume that they would have worked as well. Also double clicking the keyword in the keyword list list brings up the edit keyword dialog.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Halflap

Pulling the topic off at a bit of a tangent, does anyone have a really good list of keywords? I sometimes struggle on how to categorise mine.

There are list of Keywords for Lightroom, the only one I am familiar with is from Controlled Vocabulary, but it isn't free.

To be honest it's not difficult to build your own collection. The trick I've found is try not to be too specific. I try and keep the main ones down to about 20, which makes life easier. I tend to use the file structure to help as well. For example everything I shoot this year goes into the 2008 folder. One less keyword to type. Then I'll sub divide into shoots and maybe then sub divide again for multiple subjects. Also renaming the files, such as "Dover Harbour" .... also helps. You can then keyword search against anyone of these plus any additional ones you've added to the picture

Try this
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/pub.../2006/02/24/keywords-and-metadata.html?page=1

Also here is a more general guide that is quoted from one of the stock photo sites:
Describe your images in a methodical way when keywording:
Literal - e.g. boy, girl, children, beach, sun, sand, sky, car, shadow.
Attributes - e.g. happy, smiling, walking, blue, young, old.
Location - be specific, e.g. The White House, Washington DC, USA; or generic, e.g. office, school, home.
Interaction - e.g. chasing, playing, moving, touching, shouting, flying.
Concepts - e.g. heat, power, happiness, strength, humour, teamwork, tranquility etc.
Broad subjects - e.g. lifestyle, travel, sport and business.
Techniques - e.g. predominant colours or shapes, black and white, grainy, blurred, digital manipulation.

Back