Kia owners .

Name
dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't laugh, I have been looking at a kia cee'd sw, i need a family car for my growing family, i don't need performance as such as ride a motorbike for that.
i just need somthing reliable. So are they any good?

According to Mr J Clarkson, it is a reasonably priced car!

I don't know if this helps being in the US. I bought a Kia suv in January and have done 4000-5000 miles in it and so far I am very happy with it.

I bought one for my wife last year. Seriously impressive car for the money. It may not have quite the quality of a VW Golf but I was converted the moment I took one for a test-drive. The 7 year warranty is unbeatable and points to the confidence KIA has in the car. The car was designed at KIA's German design centre and is built in Slovakia so its not really a Korean car at all.

I have a Sedona and my wife has a Soul. Both great. Sedona has done 32,000 in just over 2 years from new.

Don't laugh, I have been looking at a kia cee'd sw, i need a family car for my growing family, i don't need performance as such as ride a motorbike for that.
i just need somthing reliable. So are they any good?

In a Word, No.

I think they're good and great value for money. What's not good?

my dad has a picanto bought at the end of scrappage for a bit over £2k, its basic yes but it does the job, has a huge warranty and given that its the base model is pretty well spec'ed.

tbh the korean cars have really come along way recently, they do however lack the 'badge engineering' you get with vw etc

I think they're good and great value for money. What's not good?

Value for money is subjective, I'd say it's more you get what you pay for.

They're cheap and cheerful, they are not refined quality cars as much as they have been dressed up to look like they are.

They're all I need - I don't want a BMW - no not even in a gift. I drove a landrover for twenty years and the Sedona is a lot more comforatble than that.

Last edited:
thanks for your replies, a test drive is needed i think

Dave,

Two of the guys in my office have them - great value for money. Reliability is first class. They are both very pleased with their purchase.

If you don't want a famous badge on the bonnet - they are great value for money.

we have had our Kia Picanto for 5 years, bought from new and have done 60k. Never had any problems, never had to change anything or get anything fixed, other than 2 tyres from wear and tear, nothing to do on any of the MOT's....

We couldn't be happier. Infact, we are looking at getting a Cee'd for our growing family.

I wouldn't think twice. I prefer it to my old 3 series BMW :)

Have a look at the JDPower survey link posted by woof woof above - it speaks volumes of the super value for money package the Kia represents.

The two owners in my office echo the JDPower comments also.

I have a Sedona and my wife has a Soul. Both great. Sedona has done 32,000 in just over 2 years from new.

We had a Sedona it was the top of the range one with DVD Player and screen in (although the previous owner had taken it - even though it was part of the car) anyway cracking car, lovely to drive with loads of power (3 Litre Merc engine)

BUT.....

It was let down with a naff gearbox, we had loads of problems with the gearbox and was told it was a common fault then.

BUT AGAIN.....

This was some years ago so its probably been sorted now (y)

Dad bought a brand new C'eed 1 last April.

Seems to be a decent enough car and transported him, my sis-in-law and 3 kids down to the south of France without any dramas.

It's only the 1.4 petrol version but it was quite happy cruising at 80-90MPH and bearing in mind it's only the entry level model, the spec is brilliant (IMO).

We had a Sedona it was the top of the range one with DVD Player and screen in (although the previous owner had taken it - even though it was part of the car) anyway cracking car, lovely to drive with loads of power (3 Litre Merc engine)

BUT.....

It was let down with a naff gearbox, we had loads of problems with the gearbox and was told it was a common fault then.

BUT AGAIN.....

This was some years ago so its probably been sorted now (y)

As I said - 2 years old now and 32,000 - no troubles at all. Hopefully gear box probs have now been fixed - I've certainly had no hint of a problem. The DVD player is the best thing I ever bought for a car - fantastic on long journeys - not a sound from the back of the car! :)

Its funny how people with no personal experiance of them slate them yet everyone who has owned one loves them.

My parents owned an old sportage and despite the interior being very plasticky it wasnt a bad car, all their cars get used hard, 4 dogs in the boot usually, horsey stuff, lots off towing lots of light offroad use and it never had any major problems.

Back