Kick up the ass

Name
Bryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys

Some of you may or may not have read my thread in OOF about my partner and other crap times recently, but me being me, im determined to take a positive out of it.

I am desperate to start making use of my film gear, I post this every so often but this time is different. Penny made me realise life really is to short to sod about not doing stuff and leaving for another day!

So guys, how do you do it? I see stunning photos being taken and I know deep down I can do the same but its getting the inclination to shoot film, dev, PP and post on here. I guess im lazy but I see others work and it inspires me so much!

Help a brother out, :LOL:

Bry

Well, first off Bry, I had a quick look at the thread in OOF, and all I can say is hold onto the important bit, i.e. your partner's on the mend - the rest of it's only money and hassle afterall.

I so, so, wish that you were 18 miles down the road rather than 180 or so. I'd be round knocking on the door camera in one hand and a big bag of film in the other, believe me. Unfortunately, as I can only really get out for 2-3 hours at a time because of looking after my Dad, I'm pretty much tied to my local area. And of course, after shooting pretty much exclusively in the same 15 mile radius for 3 years, I'm a little bored with my locations :( Hence I've shot maybe 6 rolls of film this year (4 of which being 120 film, and only having maybe 40 frames total!)

Well, first off Bry, I had a quick look at the thread in OOF, and all I can say is hold onto the important bit, i.e. your partner's on the mend - the rest of it's only money and hassle afterall.

I so, so, wish that you were 18 miles down the road rather than 180 or so. I'd be round knocking on the door camera in one hand and a big bag of film in the other, believe me. Unfortunately, as I can only really get out for 2-3 hours at a time because of looking after my Dad, I'm pretty much tied to my local area. And of course, after shooting pretty much exclusively in the same 15 mile radius for 3 years, I'm a little bored with my locations :( Hence I've shot maybe 6 rolls of film this year (4 of which being 120 film, and only having maybe 40 frames total!)

I am so glad shes ok, second time it happening now it definitely is enough to scare you!

I think my problem is similar to yours, I only tend to get 3 or 4 hours a week to do photography, because of that I tend to be in my local area and there is so many times you can wonder about the same bits before you get "Bored"

Perhaps one day in the near future I can take a ride up to yours anyway :)

Bry

Glad to hear that things are looking up mate.

I sometimes loose the mojo and then I try and set myself a little challenge. For example 'Spring in black and white' and I have a week and one roll of film to try and capture the essence. Now, I don't dev my own yet so the waiting is the hard part but in your case maybe a week to take, dev and scan the images?

Andy

Anyway - thought you were going to try a roll of "proper" B&W, do I have to send you the film as well as souping and scanning it for you? :LOL:

Glad to hear that things are looking up mate.

I sometimes loose the mojo and then I try and set myself a little challenge. For example 'Spring in black and white' and I have a week and one roll of film to try and capture the essence. Now, I don't dev my own yet so the waiting is the hard part but in your case maybe a week to take, dev and scan the images?

Andy

Mmm, definitely a good idea setting challenges... maybe like a "52" or whatever :)

Anyway - thought you were going to try a roll of "proper" B&W, do I have to send you the film as well as souping and scanning it for you? :LOL:

:LOL::LOL: Sod off :p:p I forgot all about it, My next day off is Monday, I will get on it then :D

Sorry to hear you and Penny had some setbacks, but as others have said the important thing is that Penny is on the mend.

So with that in mind and your desire to take more film why not get out and about in the countryside together? Make a day of it, go somewhere nice perhaps down to the coast, take Penny, take your camera gear, go for a bit of a wander, take some photos, have a pub lunch, wander some more, take more photos, job done.

If you don't fancy processing them yourself you can always send them off and let someone else do the 'souping' I still love it when a film or slides drop through the letterbox, especially if it's been a film that's been in the camera for a while.

And you could always load a camera up for Penny as well, a little competition is a great motivator:LOL:

I've got an unused RZ67 that I've put together from bargain bits and some rolls of film just waiting to go but I can't decide what I want to point it at, I want to do some 'big' rolling skies landscapes but they're a bit of a rarity in London. Must take a day off and head down to Wiltshire I think.

Sorry to hear you and Penny had some setbacks, but as others have said the important thing is that Penny is on the mend.

So with that in mind and your desire to take more film why not get out and about in the countryside together? Make a day of it, go somewhere nice perhaps down to the coast, take Penny, take your camera gear, go for a bit of a wander, take some photos, have a pub lunch, wander some more, take more photos, job done.

If you don't fancy processing them yourself you can always send them off and let someone else do the 'souping' I still love it when a film or slides drop through the letterbox, especially if it's been a film that's been in the camera for a while.

And you could always load a camera up for Penny as well, a little competition is a great motivator:LOL:

I've got an unused RZ67 that I've put together from bargain bits and some rolls of film just waiting to go but I can't decide what I want to point it at, I want to do some 'big' rolling skies landscapes but they're a bit of a rarity in London. Must take a day off and head down to Wiltshire I think.

Definitely think this is the answer, mainly because it involves pub lunch :LOL::love:

However im not so sure on competition idea... She doesn't do loosing, infact I daren't play monopoly with her as if I take mayfair and park lane, WWIII is almost certainly going to happen hehe!!

Cheers everyone for all the replies, It never ceases to amaze me how great TP is :) Honestly thankyou so so much! I owe you all!

Perhaps a F&C Meet up is in order :D

I second a film meet up! Would love to learn some more from you guys, am in love with images I see and want to be able to do the same with my RZ :D

Back