Kid warning!

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
some shots done in my studio for various families, thought I'd share.

one
4432857975_160150474c_z.jpg

two
4704768670_2df7f99161_z.jpg

three
4602070678_f767aa5ca3_z.jpg

four
4596139650_baab5b0f35_z.jpg

five
4563626109_4e92895160_z.jpg

six
4342325472_2aae12edb7_z.jpg

Lee, were these paid shoots?

I am sure the families will love these, I bet they can't shoot anything like this with their own cameras.

#1 if you just bring back the right side of the face a little for an outline, I think it will be better.

#2 Same thing really just a bit bright on the photo left (basket)

#3 Good attitude and maybe a wider crop.

#4 not overly keen on the side on shot as we can see part of the right eye too.

#5 fun but far too tight on the frame for me.

#6 good image for a parent but technically the light spill spoils it a tad.

Hope you are pleased with these.

#1 I really like this one, although the light from the LHS seems too strong (mind you I'm looking at a laptop screen, so not the best source of information there)
But I do like the strong blue eyes in the slightly blown pic. This is probably very personal, but it is a style I like.

#2. Am not too fond of this one. I find the BW conversion rather flat. What did the colour version look like? Was it a girl? If so, working with real pastels for the border on the basket could be really cute. I am no expert, but somehow it feels as if this is the wrong picture for a BW version.

#3 Real cute one! Contrary to the previous one, BW adds to the image in this one (IMHO).

#4 This is a nice pic. The white shirt looks as if it has enough detail, (at least on my monitor), which is not that easy with this kind of shot. I do wonder though what it would be like if you inverted the pic, so the child looked from left to right. I like open space in a picture, but then rather on the RHS.

#5 Nice one! Good crop too.

#6 Now this is one that I would convert to BW. Maybe for the worse, but it looks like it would fit the picture. Again here though the disturing light on the LHS.

All in all, a set of pictures that I would be happy to be able to supply to mums and dads (y)

I am sure the families will love these, I bet they can't shoot anything like this with their own cameras.

#1 if you just bring back the right side of the face a little for an outline, I think it will be better.

#2 Same thing really just a bit bright on the photo left (basket)

#3 Good attitude and maybe a wider crop.

#4 not overly keen on the side on shot as we can see part of the right eye too.

#5 fun but far too tight on the frame for me.

#6 good image for a parent but technically the light spill spoils it a tad.

Hope you are pleased with these.

I think the majority of what you have said can be corrected when I get my 4 new elinchrom 500 heads, because at the moment I'm only using 3 heads.

edit: forgot to say thanks! how ruuuuuuuude, haha cheers.

Last edited:
May I ask what colour the cloth in the basket is? I ask because this could compliment the babes eyes.

#1 I really like this one, although the light from the LHS seems too strong (mind you I'm looking at a laptop screen, so not the best source of information there)
But I do like the strong blue eyes in the slightly blown pic. This is probably very personal, but it is a style I like.

#2. Am not too fond of this one. I find the BW conversion rather flat. What did the colour version look like? Was it a girl? If so, working with real pastels for the border on the basket could be really cute. I am no expert, but somehow it feels as if this is the wrong picture for a BW version.

#3 Real cute one! Contrary to the previous one, BW adds to the image in this one (IMHO).

#4 This is a nice pic. The white shirt looks as if it has enough detail, (at least on my monitor), which is not that easy with this kind of shot. I do wonder though what it would be like if you inverted the pic, so the child looked from left to right. I like open space in a picture, but then rather on the RHS.

#5 Nice one! Good crop too.

#6 Now this is one that I would convert to BW. Maybe for the worse, but it looks like it would fit the picture. Again here though the disturing light on the LHS.

All in all, a set of pictures that I would be happy to be able to supply to mums and dads (y)

Thanks for the positive feedback, I know the people who had these have all been back with friends, must be doing something right (for them) lol

Will this make a difference to your c+c :shrug:

MD

Don't worry it wasn't an attacking question.. just curious as to whether you ask permission to show these in forums etc.. I know you don't have to! Just wondering if you do or not? I should of PM'd maybe??:bonk:

Don't worry it wasn't an attacking question.. just curious as to whether you ask permission to show these in forums etc.. I know you don't have to! Just wondering if you do or not? I should of PM'd maybe??:bonk:

I haven't no, and I guess you're right, I don't have to, I suppose I should because they're kids, but its not like this is a seedy forum. allegedly haha

I haven't no, and I guess you're right, I don't have to, I suppose I should because they're kids, but its not like this is a seedy forum. allegedly haha

I will only post my personal work on forums as quite a few parents, usually mothers, get quite distressed at the thought of images of their kids being on the interweb... I just find it easier that way... Of what they don't know can not hurt them i suppose!

Back