Kidnapped

Not my kind of shot to be honest.
Quite sad and depressing, made worse by the dog pee up the corner of the bin.

They should use this photo on the side of fag packets/ cans of special brew!

I know a lot has been said on taking photos of people who are vulnerable/ homeless etc, and how it is taking advantage of their situation (which I mostly agree with), but to my way of thinking, this guy looks as if he is quite a character. His sense of dress is flamboyant, he looks to be enjoying a fairly peaceful moment and I haven't seen a photo of a "disadvantaged" person that has as much appeal to me for some time. I like the dominance of cool/dark colours and normally I would question an object that was half in the frame, such as the rubbish bin, but I think this adds visually to the composition, as if he is physically blocked/fenced off from society in several directions . lfc1892 just wondered about the title? A cracking shot that I've enjoyed looking at, purely because it made me think about, how it might be like in that gentlemans' situation.

Thanks for the input Feek. Much appreciated and enjoyed reading your thoughts. The title was a bit of a stretch as the guy himself wasn't down on his luck at all, but just a little eccentric. He was hiding behind the bin from something or someone, and the girls on the bag, all hugging each other, kinda look as though he's kidnapped them. Or maybe it's just my overactive imagination!

Thanks again

the guy himself wasn't down on his luck at all, but just a little eccentric. He was hiding behind the bin from something or someone, and the girls on the bag, all hugging each other, kinda look as though he's kidnapped them. Or maybe it's just my overactive imagination!

This is cool! I didn't think he was homeless - and I don't much like shots of homeless people. He comes across as a real character. The use of blue throughout the image works well, but I didn't understand the title at all.

The bin is a problem, I think. I know he's hiding behind it but it's just too distracting. Cropping may leave the image a bit tight but it's worth a try.

Back