Beginner Kids and cameras

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope this is in the right place admin.

My six year old son has had the vtech kiddie zoom since he was three. Now the switch to go between camera, video, settings etc is broken so I've dusted off my old Kodak Z740 bridge for him to 'play' with. Its on auto and I've put it on the lowest mp for now. You can change the sounds so I've set that to sifi so when he shoots it makes a laser sound. He seems very keen and I have taken him with me to shoot landscapes before with his old cam which he did really well (its amazing how things look when you're 120cm tall).

What I don't want to do is put him off by making it complicated so do I just leave him to it for now? Also does anyone take their kids togging and if so do you still get the shots you want or do you get side tracked?

Also any other advice to keep him interested would be great.

Many thanks, mike

Hey Mike, mine comes along most of the time as when I go snapping it's usually when we're out 'as a family' so she takes her camera with her (a Sony p&s) and she loves it. When she gets a good shot she tells me she 'really focused on it'. Lol. It doesn't get in the way of me taking photos as she just snaps the same things but, as you say, from 4ft rather than 6.

I too have set her in auto with a small quality file otherwise I'd have to be going through the pics and making room for more as she's a bit trigger happy.

Enjoy the quality time with your lad, it's ace. :)

Thanks for that. I took him once on my own (without the Mrs and his little twin sisters) last October and he was good as gold.

I will try and get him to 'really focus on it' cos he's a bit snap happy too and likes to take photos of silly things eg the tele lol But he's taken some nice landscapes too.

Last edited:
Back