Kids Cameras help!

Name
Daz
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks

I`m lookin to buy a camera for my 3 and a half year old. She`s been using my mobile phone,old Kodak and occasionaly my 400d (under supervision):)

I would like to get her something more suitable however does anyone have any recomendations.

Durable
Decent Pic quality
Expandable memory

Your thoughts appreciated

Daz

My 3 year old has got a fisher price kid tough (i think its called) its about £60. Great because she can chuck it around but rubbish image quality - she doesn't care though, just takes snaps then deletes them! Most of them are of the carpet or peoples knees!:LOL:

Hey Daz.....

Give her the 450 and get your 5D :) Problem solved!

Gary.

My 3 year old has got a fisher price kid tough (i think its called) its about £60. Great because she can chuck it around but rubbish image quality - she doesn't care though, just takes snaps then deletes them! Most of them are of the carpet or peoples knees!:LOL:

Cheers Annao I have just been reading the reviews and non of the kids cameras seem to get a good rep. I cannot believe its only 1.3mega pix for £60bucks I may just get her a cheap digital 7mp for £25

Well I have just found a Vivitar 6200 waterproof shock proof for £70 so might give that a punt (then I can use it as well)

Considered a D3 but your right they are rugged although a bit of a kids toy if you ask me

Dinner on you jeez lucky I was sittin down or I would have fallen,kebab is it:D

Mate was thinkin we should go for a decent scran seeing its crimbo fancy something real nice. (Not on you so don`t panic) Remember that place we discussed (U can get the vino)

Dinner on you jeez lucky I was sittin down or I would have fallen,kebab is it:D

Mate was thinkin we should go for a decent scran seeing its crimbo fancy something real nice. (Not on you so don`t panic) Remember that place we discussed (U can get the vino)

Split it down the middle mate, its an awesome place for nosh, well up for it.

To be honest, if you want to sample it properly, and save a bit of cash - we go for business lunch, will cost nothing in comparison, then we hit the town.

back to the camera issue, i've read that this that are sold by ELC and Argos are great for the young'uns since they can take lots of abuse ie thrown down the stairs or use it to hammer something. Don't know about specs though.

It comes in pink aswell, and it's easy for them to use since it has two shutter buttons, one for each hand!

I was just going to give my kids (4.5 and 2.5 yr olds) an old Canon G2 that I have knocking around from some years ago. Doesn't cost me anything and I know it will have reasonable image quality. Its fairly robust and should take a fair amount of punishment.

I got the little un one of them kids cameras, they really are crap, the backscreen is tiny and the images are no better. the only benefit is they take the picture quickly(no lag). personally i wouldnt bother again, just get a cheapo 6mp from argos and teach them to wait till its took the picture. mind you my kid is pretty good with her stuff and doesnt throw it cross the room

My daughter got one for her birthday a few weeks agao, think it is a V Tech. Two viewfinders which is odd and the pic quality is awful as is the LCD on the back. Avoid. She will be getting my IXUS 500 when she is a year or two older.

Back