Kids & co Modelling agency?

Name
Glyn
Edit My Images
No
Firstly I hope this is posted in the right place.

Does anyone have anmy experience with the above company, I have been contacted by a friend who daughter has been contacted by them, they want to sign her up offering the portfolio shoot for £180. They are out of my area so I have no idea on whether they are legit or not:shrug:. I have looked at there website etc, but people with genuine contact with them are a much more trustworthy way imho.

Anyone know anything:shrug:

No genuine modelling agencies make you pay for a test shoot, avoid.

above^^^

i was summoned to do some modelling in my younger days :p and they wanted ££ too so we walked away and found somewhere that dosent charge... :)

No genuine modelling agencies make you pay for a test shoot, avoid.

This is not really true. Even some of the big agency's like premier charge the models for there comp cards and headshots. Some charge some dont. Yes there are loads out there that charge and then get you know work but those are the agency's that take on anyone.

Last edited:
A lot of these places play on dreams. You see ads along the lines of `Do you want to be a model/get on television?` They imply that they can find work in those areas, sign you up (for a fee), create a `portfolio` (for a fee), sometimes offer coaching (for a fee). And never or rarely find you work.

The good agencies (I don't know much about modelling but worked for the Beeb and in theatre for a number of years, and I imagine the same thing happens in the model world) take a chunk of any fee their clients earn, which is how they survive.

You do need decent shots for this sort of work obviously, but any good portrait photographer will know what is needed. I've hear stories of people going to recruitment drives held by these cowboys - they hire a room for a day and the suckers crowd in - where the shots are taken with a point-and-shoot.

The top agents don't actively recruit much. They have loads of people on their books and know that their reputation depends on getting work for their clients.

A lot of these places play on dreams. You see ads along the lines of `Do you want to be a model/get on television?` They imply that they can find work in those areas, sign you up (for a fee), create a `portfolio` (for a fee), sometimes offer coaching (for a fee). And never or rarely find you work.

The good agencies (I don't know much about modelling but worked for the Beeb and in theatre for a number of years, and I imagine the same thing happens in the model world) take a chunk of any fee their clients earn, which is how they survive.

You do need decent shots for this sort of work obviously, but any good portrait photographer will know what is needed. I've hear stories of people going to recruitment drives held by these cowboys - they hire a room for a day and the suckers crowd in - where the shots are taken with a point-and-shoot.

The top agents don't actively recruit much. They have loads of people on their books and know that their reputation depends on getting work for their clients.

On dreams, flattery, vanity, ego, ignorance... and lies.

Back