Kielder Milky Way

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
My first post in this section of the forum, I'm predominantly a landscaper....

This was taken just over a year ago, I can't wait to get out and do more astro stuff again now the nights are drawing in :)

Kielder milky way by Martin Steele, on Flickr

The reflection adds a great deal of intrigue to this but the extreme distortion from using such a wide angle lens really mars what would be a cool image

There's actually not a lot of distortion in the image....the left hand side of the tower is the dam leading away, and then the shoreline turns and heads to the right just to the right of the tower. I know it looks like distortion, but it isn't.

There's actually not a lot of distortion in the image....the left hand side of the tower is the dam leading away, and then the shoreline turns and heads to the right just to the right of the tower. I know it looks like distortion, but it isn't.

It looks like its bending upwards on the left of the tower, the rhs looks fine. Leading away horizons can have that effect, but never to that extent in my experience.

It looks like its bending upwards on the left of the tower, the rhs looks fine. Leading away horizons can have that effect, but never to that extent in my experience.

It leads away, but the dam also curves away from where I was standing (if that makes sense). I know what you're saying and I could maybe have done something about it, but it's never bothered me enough to worry about that :)

It leads away, but the dam also curves away from where I was standing (if that makes sense). I know what you're saying and I could maybe have done something about it, but it's never bothered me enough to worry about that :)

I get that, someone said to me my kilchurn castle shot was squint when it wasn't, but the horizon leads in and out. Its just an obersvation, I am penickity sort of person.

I get that, someone said to me my kilchurn castle shot was squint when it wasn't, but the horizon leads in and out. Its just an obersvation, I am penickity sort of person.

I hadn't noticed that mate ;) LOL

It's fine, I like things like that to be pointed out, as it's so easy to miss the simple little things when working on the over all picture, but I also feel that sometimes there is a reason as to why it's like that. Now it's been pointed out though, it's something to look into if I re-shoot from this spot.

Reactions: ST4
I hadn't noticed that mate ;) LOL

It's fine, I like things like that to be pointed out, as it's so easy to miss the simple little things when working on the over all picture, but I also feel that sometimes there is a reason as to why it's like that. Now it's been pointed out though, it's something to look into if I re-shoot from this spot.

I know you can handle the Penickityness :D. You strive, like me, for perfection and don't settle for less. Its what makes this landscapes lark so much fun :D

I know you can handle the Penickityness :D. You strive, like me, for perfection and don't settle for less. Its what makes this landscapes lark so much fun :D

The day I stop striving, will be the day the gear goes up for sale :) Roll on winter though!

Reactions: ST4
The day I stop striving, will be the day the gear goes up for sale :) Roll on winter though!

I cannot wait for winter. I've lost two due to you know what. So many places to go, so little time to get good light, snow etc. But I cannot wait, actually, cannot wait for Autumn. I have unfinished business in the Trossachs and Elan valley in mid wales to get in...

Back