Kilda recap

Edit My Images
Yes
Just thought I'd post up a few shots from St Kilda that I've had sitting around for a while.

They're all a little rough around the edges due to being processed on my uncalibrated work laptop using the touchpad, and because I rarely have time to pick my light - these are almost all grab shots taken whilst working, but I figured worth sharing.

1. Early morning sunburst above the distant Uists, 40 miles away.
Uist_by_HairyToes.jpg

2. The rare sight of breakers in the normally sheltered Village Bay.
Levensih_horses_by_HairyToes.jpg

3. Wild soay sheep desperately awaiting new grass growth, with part of the Street behind:
The_Street_by_HairyToes.jpg

4. Cleiteans in Glen Bay, with a partial view of Boreray behind.
Cleiteans_by_HairyToes.jpg

Wow, some really dramatic images there, the 2nd + 4th in the first batch are excellent, with some great contrast and really strong lighting help add impact to the scene, very nicely done.

These are very impressive, esp. No2.
Quite a place.

I too love two! Stunning looking locations as well! (y)

Have to agree that No2 is special, but all are good.

It's a magical place. Been there twice, sea kayaking, but only had a poor waterproof film camera so nothing as good as your set.

Well done and thanks for bringing back some good memories.

Ken

Yep another one plumping for # 2. # 1 is ace too, but the clouds are just a little too dark for me, ie no detail. # 7 is ace too with the swirling water. Great set. (y)

Great shots, love the rollers coming in. We were there last year on a beautiful spring day in April - the bay was as calm as you like. Assume given the breakers you were staying on the island for a while - must be magical - especially being that isolated. certainly is a wild and magical place and will definitely be back one day.

WOW!! love them!!

This is one place I would really like to take my camera, I saw it on "Coast" a few years ago and fell in love, really spooky there are no people now.

I like shot number 2 particularly from this set but they are all good...

Great shots, love the rollers coming in. We were there last year on a beautiful spring day in April - the bay was as calm as you like. Assume given the breakers you were staying on the island for a while - must be magical - especially being that isolated. certainly is a wild and magical place and will definitely be back one day.

Thanks for all the comments.

Yeah, I'm spending 4-5 months a year out there for the next 3 years (in 5 weeks blocks) doing the fieldowrk for my PhD, which is pretty awesome. The place just never gets dull!

Wow these are really some melodramatic charming pictures. Well done! 2 is my fav followed by3 & 4!

These are all really nice pictures. I love looking at anything that involves Islands and St Kilda has such a fascinating history and I can never resist pictures of it.

Great set,
No 7 for me..the magnitude of those cliffs. How fabulous to be spending time there. I'd never heard of St Kilda until 2 weeks ago when it cropped up at work. Since then it seems to have been every where and like Chewyuk I saw it on Monty Hall last night. Perhaps I should take the hint and get over there this year.

I am New to DP & a complete fan of seascapes & these are fantastic, this year i will be spending a lot of time in Dorset devon & Cornwall & would be chuffed to bits if I came back with shots as good as these.

Back