Killer in the Reeds

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

This may be the last image from me for a week or two - Just after I shot this I slipped on wet grass - end result, Broken left arm :oops: :$:oops: :$:oops: :$

That was some drive home I tell you- well to Casualty some 10 miles away in a maual X trail lol

Good news no camera or lens equipment was damaged in the fall - result :)

Hidden Assasin by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Les :)

This may be the last image from me for a week or two - Just after I shot this I slipped on wet grass - end result, Broken left arm :oops: :$:oops: :$:oops: :$

That was some drive home I tell you- well to Casualty some 10 miles away in a maual X trail lol

Good news no camera or lens equipment was damaged in the fall - result :)

Hidden Assasin by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Sorry to hear this Les, you've been unfortunate over recent months, first the leg in a hole and now your arm!
Good news that your kit is okay but need to take care of yourself too buddy. :)

Ahh mate that's a lovely frame of a heron I really mean that mate really cool capture.

Alongside all the other lads best wishes for a speedy recovery hopefully the plaster cast will ease the pain soon and you'll be back out in no time.

Ha mate tip of the day :banghead::D ....................find I knitting needle the worst thing about having a cast on I found is having an itch you just can't get to to scratch !!

You take care of your self mate

stu

It can so easily happen, particularly around water, best to be prepared. Hope it all mends soon!

You do suffer for your art Les.
I hope you recover quickly. (y)

Lovely image :)

you've been unfortunate over recent months, first the leg in a hole and now your arm!

Don't forget putting his car in a ditch Roger, sounds more accident prone to me:thinking:

I had you down as a Ninja turtle Les.......... now I'm thinking more Dangerous Brian! :angelic::LOL:

Oh crumbs :( I echo all the above replies....... GWS and do look after yourself.

PS a great image of the Heron on the hunt :)

Nice image Les, but sorry to hear about your arm! I hope you have a quick and easy recovery (y)

Sorry to hear this Les, you've been unfortunate over recent months, first the leg in a hole and now your arm!
Good news that your kit is okay but need to take care of yourself too buddy. :)

Oh dear Les, sorry about that, hope that you are not in too much pain and that your recovery is a speedy one

Good shot Les and bad luck about your arm. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dave

Ouch. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery Les. (y)

:(
Sorry to hear that Les.
I'll miss seeing your images .
I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Ahh mate that's a lovely frame of a heron I really mean that mate really cool capture.

Alongside all the other lads best wishes for a speedy recovery hopefully the plaster cast will ease the pain soon and you'll be back out in no time.

Ha mate tip of the day :banghead::D ....................find I knitting needle the worst thing about having a cast on I found is having an itch you just can't get to to scratch !!

You take care of your self mate

stu

It can so easily happen, particularly around water, best to be prepared. Hope it all mends soon!

You do suffer for your art Les.
I hope you recover quickly. (y)

Lovely image :)

Oh dear mate...always dreaded that scenario although my car is an automatic.

Get well soon. Arms mend, camera's don't. You'll be back shooting in no time.

So sorry to hear about your accident!

This photography lark is a dangerous game mate!! Speedy recovery

Russ

Don't forget putting his car in a ditch Roger, sounds more accident prone to me:thinking:

I had you down as a Ninja turtle Les.......... now I'm thinking more Dangerous Brian! :angelic::LOL:
Im am more Ninja than Mr Bean @Phil-D - If you'd met me you'd understand :)
Oh crumbs :( I echo all the above replies....... GWS and do look after yourself.

PS a great image of the Heron on the hunt :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery, nice image too.

Sorry to hear about your latest accident Les.
Hopefully you'll be back shooting in no time.

Lovely capture of the hunting Heron (y)
Thanks all for the wishes - I am in some pain just now- Dr gave me some strong anti inflamatory pain killers, they dont work too well and I never thought I would be in a situation where I can only use one hand :) Its difficult to type using just my right hand

Yes I do seem a little accident prone BMW written off ( my fault) Leg down a hole and now this, (pure accidents) - But I'm not really accident prone - just a tad unlucky I think :)

I am trying to figure out a way to get back out there by getting the Mrs to mount my camera and big lens onto my Tripod & Gimbal, I will not be beaten by this

Thanks again guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Im am more Ninja than Mr Bean @Phil-D - If you'd met me you'd understand :)

Thanks all for the wishes - I am in some pain just now- Dr gave me some strong anti inflamatory pain killers, they dont work too well and I never thought I would be in a situation where I can only use one hand :) Its difficult to type using just my right hand

Yes I do seem a little accident prone BMW written off ( my fault) Leg down a hole and now this, (pure accidents) - But I'm not really accident prone - just a tad unlucky I think :)

I am trying to figure out a way to get back out there by getting the Mrs to mount my camera and big lens onto my Tripod & Gimbal, I will not be beaten by this

Thanks again guys

Go easy, recover first before worrying about your photography. Set something up in the garden if you have one

@Lez325

Hi Les

I have just noticed and see that the title fairy has honoured :thinking: you. Talk about attracting a reputation :LOL::woot::banana:

PS I hope you have been resting, broken bones need time to "Tom Daley", so to speak.

Last edited:
all this sympathy is a bit much, you got 2 feet, tripod and one arm so what is the issue ?? ;) ....................................................hope it repairs quickly Les and you are out and about soon :)

@Lez325

Hi Les

I have just noticed and see that the title fairy has honoured :thinking: you. Talk about attracting a reputation :LOL::woot::banana:

PS I hope you have been resting, broken bones need time to "Tom Daley", so to speak.
I noticed that too - I think @Cobra and I need to have a discussion :)
all this sympathy is a bit much, you got 2 feet, tripod and one arm so what is the issue ?? ;) ....................................................hope it repairs quickly Les and you are out and about soon :)
Why thank you Bob, my thoughts exactly :)

Les

Go easy, recover first before worrying about your photography. Set something up in the garden if you have one
Thank you I do have a large garden- something to consider :)
Cracking shot, sharp as a tack, good luck with your recovery

Paul
Cheers Paul :)
Shot is worth it though, cracker. (y)

Hope you heal quickly Les.
Thank you Toni :)
You daft sod
Get better soon.
Cracking pic by the way
Next time slip on ya arse
Thank you Gary, I'll bear that in mind next time I plummet down a hill :)

Les

I don't see that you can have fallen very far when you spend so much time on your belly in the hide :rolleyes: :)
Get well soon. (y)
I did think that too- however: I was moving across the levels to a different area when I slipped and went down a bank onto a farm track- my left hand bent back as I tried to stop my fall I heard something snap - So much pain= brought a tear to my eye :(
Sorry to hear about the arm Les, you do seem to be in the wars recently. Get well soon!
Not that often Si :)

Les

Back