Killing us softly

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I stumbled across an interesting presentation on YouTube. It is generally about the perception of normalcy we get from advertisements, but specifically how women are portraited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svpMan9cWyo (4 parts)

The most surprising part to me was how women and girls are "classically" posed and how those themes are actually everywhere.

Mike

Hmm. Big subject, and one that's always bothered me, I won't even refer to my wife as 'the wife' for fear of objectivisation.

Interesting link, thanks for passing it on.

Hmm. Big subject, and one that's always bothered me, I won't even refer to my wife as 'the wife' for fear of objectivisation.

Oh please :shake:

Yep the link woman makes a good point while wearing make-up with her hair nicely done :D

But where's the male version? Are we not all meant to be chiselled with 6-packs (not of beer!) :LOL: Super lovers, very well endowed, powerful, wealthy and yet great fathers with our softer side shining through :shrug:

Good job that describes me, but you lesser mortals may get hung-up about it :naughty:

DD

Interesting link, thanks for passing it on.

I don't refer to my wife as "the wife" or "the missus" either, but I doubt if she's ever heard of "objectivisation". She just doesn't like it, and prefers "my wife" or "Valerie".

Back