South-West England Kimmeridge bay - parking

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
As far as I am aware you have to pay to park at Kimmeridge. The last time I went was a few years ago and there was a chap in a hut by the gate taking the money.
Does anyone know if this gate gets locked at sunset? I would like to do some sunset pictures there but don't want to get caught out - or rather locked in!

Andrew. Thank you for that link. From the information there doesn't really make it clear when the gate is locked (if indeed it is) 8am untiil dark! Dark is around an hour after sunset so hopefully it would be fine. TBH if I was locked in it wouldn't be a major problem as I will be in a small motorhome.

When we were in that area last year most car parks did not allow overnight parking. Whether it is enforced I don‘t know.

Andrew. Thank you for that link. From the information there doesn't really make it clear when the gate is locked (if indeed it is) 8am untiil dark! Dark is around an hour after sunset so hopefully it would be fine. TBH if I was locked in it wouldn't be a major problem as I will be in a small motorhome.

I note on that link there is ref to a motorhome / campsite with 40 pitches "off the private access road" to the Bay.......maybe best to book that to cover your bases?

Back