Kinder Reservoir

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
First upload and I don't really know what I'm doing so I hope this works...

Had a walk up Kinder scout yesterday.
Right at the end of the walk we passed Kinder Reservoir and as you can see it was almost still so the snow covered peak of kinder reflected like a mirror.
I took a few shots, this one came out best imo.

Then we went to the pub :)

24mm f9 1/50 iso100

Kinder Reservoir by richandiben, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like it, but not experienced to give expert crit. The only thing I would say its a pity the sky hasn't got any fluffy clouds to add a bit of drama, but hey that's not your fault, just the dam weather. That's just my input, but I would be proud of it. I'm sure other experts would give more insight. Thanks for sharing

I like it, but not experienced to give expert crit. The only thing I would say its a pity the sky hasn't got any fluffy clouds to add a bit of drama, but hey that's not your fault, just the dam weather. That's just my input, but I would be proud of it. I'm sure other experts would give more insight. Thanks for sharing

Thanks (y)
Angry clouds would have been great though, damn you sunny weather :LOL:

I am no expert either but my only gripe is that the wall bottom left seems to cut the photograph off also it draws my attention to it rather than the wonderful scenery. Perhaps some of the others on here will give better and more constructive critique.

Thanks for posting.

Carol

Well, here's how I see it.
The only negative I see is the wall, IMO it should start in the right bottom corner then it will lead the eye into the picture.
The plusses, Kinder edge is more or less on a third, as is the reflection, Kinder downfall is also more or less on the third and also the outcrop (Cluther Rocks?)
A good effort though, and a place I have often walked, I also did my night navigation on Kinder for my MLTA! scary!

PS ..... also a good finish to the walk, the pub I mean!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I know what you mean about the wall. I would have liked to get up to the waters edge but I wasn't alone and we were all pretty tired after a very steep and slippery descent, plus there were signs asking walkers to stay on the paths.
I did re frame to get the wall out of shot but it left me with a less interesting landscape...

IMG_3213 by richandiben, on Flickr

I'm gonna need a boat :)

Thanks for the replies, I know what you mean about the wall. I would have liked to get up to the waters edge but I wasn't alone and we were all pretty tired after a very steep and slippery descent, plus there were signs asking walkers to stay on the paths.
I did re frame to get the wall out of shot but it left me with a less interesting landscape...

I think you have read it wrong, there is nothing wrong with the wall, or including it in the image. As you rightly state, it adds to the foreground interest. What it needs, is it starting (when you compose the shot) in the bottom right hand corner so it then flows into the shot to draw your eye. I'ts called a 'lead in line'. No need to get down to the water.

As an example. See how the river bank starts and leads you left to center-ish then the mountain leads your eye to right, so with a sweep you take in all, or most, of the picture. Now this just needs a small crop to put the horizon on the third.
Hope this is helping you!

Crook O Lune Pano by wontolla1, on Flickr

Back