"Kindertransport" "Trains to Life"

Uli

Name
Ulrich
Edit My Images
No

01 - Kindertransporte he 1200.jpg

"Kindertransport" "Trains to Life" - (Gdansk, Poland)​

About 10,000 children who were considered Jewish were transported to safety in the years 1938 / 39, mainly from Germany to Great Britain. Most of their families were murdered, only these children survived. Monuments by Frank Meisler to the Journey to Life are in Gdansk, Hamburg; Berlin, Hoek van Holland and London.

Best regards, Uli

A sad reminder that even today man's inhumanity to man continues. :(

Such things continue to happen this very day because a majority stand back and say "it is not my place to interfere".

Only when the Christian fallacy, that "good" people turn the other cheek, is finally laid to rest will we see an end to these calamities.

Sadly, that won't resolve the issue either. :)
I'm sure that you're right.

...but we must start somewhere. The recognition that there is no afterlife is the first step towards making the best of the only life we do have.

...but we must start somewhere. The recognition that there is no afterlife is the first step towards making the best of the only life we do have.
Actually nothing could be further from the truth but here's perhaps not the place where such a discussion would be appreciated. :)

Actually nothing could be further from the truth but here's perhaps not the place where such a discussion would be appreciated. :)
If one party takes as a given, a fact not in evidence, then we can't have a meaningful discussion in any case. :thinking:

I agree.

It's a good record with just the right depth of field to separate the statue from the background.

Reactions: Uli
Back