King Edward's Bay, Tynemouth

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
My mother died last year, and I scattered her ashes at King Edward's Bay.

We used to go there regularly when I was a kid, and then play on the green outside the priory. Tynemouth was always special to her.

So, my first shoot of 2014 was always going to be there, whatever the weather. Luckily the rain kept away.

All with the K3 and Samsung 12-24

Tynemouth Lighthouse from King Edward's Bay
by Alan Wennington, on Flickr

Tynemouth Lighthouse and Priory from King Edward's Bay

King Edward's Bay, Tynemouth

Sad and happy memories - some nice images :)

A lovely way to honour your mother. All nice images but I think I like the second one the best. The warm light is beautiful.

Always a time of year for thinking of those no longer with us, so respect for that. It's the colour in the second one that lifts it above the first, but I'd be tempted to try another composition by cropping out the headland from the right and making it almost square. That would take out the dominant land mass and leave the wonderful light and the foreground rocks and froth. Worth a try?

I prefer the first image, but the colour is better in the second one and it is vastly improved if cropped to square as PeterB says.

Thank you all very much for your feedback. It's been very much appreciated.

As to the 2nd one, for sentimental value I'll keep the silhouette of the priory, if I ever come to print it. But here I do understand the reasons for cropping it out. Here is an alternative crop
View attachment 3207

I like them all Alan, but especially the cropped one. Great foreground detail. I can feel the seaweed under my feet, as I write!

Sorry about the circumstances for the locus...

But they're great. Some barrel distortion in one but great tones and compositions. Three is the overall best exposure and composition. One is marred slightly with a blown patch above the rising sun

Back