Wild King Gator!

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken with the Ricoh GRiii down in the bayou.
52880519262_89401ae37f_o.jpg

That is rather good.

Crikey! :D

Well taken Derek.

Have you counted your arms and legs recently? You should have two of each.

Cheers guys! It was a great trip out into the bayou with a bare-footed Cajun guy who kept reminding us all to keep our arms inside the boat... Then he stepped over the rail and onto a small platform just above water level and started feeding the alligators with raw chicken on a pole and hook. Which is what this one is rising up to eat.

Great shot. The skipper telling you all to keep your arms inside the boat reminded me of our trip into the Everglades and the skipper told us not to put our hands over the side as an alligator or two came alongside .I recall thinking "Are you kidding ?" :D Never underestimate idiots,I suppose. He told us that a friend of his had his hand/a finger bitten by an aligator..I think as he fed it..and he lost a finger because the bite is toxic and also it went through the bone. It seems their favourite tip bit is marshmallow. As we returned to the jetty we went through a narrow channel and a massive alligator was swimming around there. He said it was a very large male..at 15 feet. It was a great experience.

Back