Kingfisher (action shot)

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
With the kingfisher fishing from a perch near the hide, I thought I'd be ambitious and try for an action shot. This meant increasing the ISO to get a faster shutter speed (in Av mode) and aiming for a target on the water where I hoped the bird might go for.

Mostly I got a blurred bird, or no bird, or a sharp shot of a splash. One did turn out a bit better than the others though.

IMG_2478_1.jpg

Taken with a Canon 50D and the 100-400mm lens, at 400mm. I had the camera resting against the window sill of the hide.

It's definitely the best shot of a kingfisher that I have managed to date. And I'm getting it out there quickly before the big lens boys get better shots soon ;)

:)

Lovely shot your hard work definately paid off :clap:

Cracking shot, like it a lot, makes me want to get out there and get one, just don't have the time at the moment.

not jealous of that shot........................

:clap::clap::clap:

Absolutely awesome and incredible shot :) Excellent.

Thanks for sharing (y)

Cracking shot. Splendid.

You should enter that in a few comps. It'd win methinks

No room for any critic with that shot (y) The boy did good :clap::clap::clap:

Excellent shot. You'll be hard pressed to beat that. Badger

What a picture, the busy background is just as amazing as the prime subject within the picture. Congratulations are in order. :)

Wowsa! :clap: And with that much maligned 100-400L too! ;)

Stunning shot. I am yet to even see a kingfisher. You know what? Sometimes people on this forum really blow me away with their skills.

Awesome! (y)

crikey that's just amazing! :clap:(y)
what a shame you just missed the deadline for the birds/water competition
or - on second thoughts...

Back