Kingfisher from Shapwick (Somerset)

xmh

Name
Jerry
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent some considerable time over the last week watching and waiting for this bird. The light was constantly changing from full sunlight to cloudy but bright conditions. I'd really like a shot with a fish, but blew the one chance I've had so far. It landed and swallowed the fish in a split second.

Kingfisher : Alcedo atthis
by Jerry Hawker, on Flickr

Kingfisher : Alcedo atthis : With guests

Thanks for looking, comments and suggestions welcomed.

Great and fab of my favourite bird..

1st for me, a lovely shot of a beautiful little bird ... saw 3 or 4 of these at Ham Walls a few weeks back but couldn't get them perched :)

Absolutely awesome! I prefer the latter of the set. The background of the first couple seem to dull down the colours of the kingy a bit.

Great shots those, I've been trying to capture one at our lake, it's very timid and only makes the odd pass, very different to those that a fisherman was telling me on another lake where they land on the rod tips! Seeing those images make me want to try harder!

Oh and detail, I think when you have the sky and the sun captured in the eye, that's as good as it can get surly!

Last edited:
Very nice images, I think the background really set's off the images. Makes a change from the green/brown type backgrounds we usually see.

Cracking set there , you must be well chuffed with your self for capturing them , its on my to do list (y)

Best ones i've seen on here for quite a while and all have great detail, first one has the best pose but a very tidy set (y)

Those are some great shots - each shot is good for different reasons. Well done - this must have taken a lot of patience.

Back