Kingfisher locations

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
I know people don't like sharing the locations of these elusive birds, especially on an open public forum, so feel free to PM me.
I'm looking for locations with in a 50 mile radius of Swindon ideally. Obviously the closer the better. I'm not after an exact grid reference of a nest or anything, just a rough location where they can be found.
Always been a bird I'd love to see, so will be taking my binoculars and a long lens so I can stay far away!

No need to go far. I regularly see birds at Waterhay (near Ashton Keynes). There's a gate in the car park leading to the river. Just sit down and wait. They rarely perch but you'll see them fairly reliably.

They are also seen occasionally on the river Ray near the old Thames water sludge lagoons in Swindon (back of the sewage farm - follow your nose)

No need to go far. I regularly see birds at Waterhay (near Ashton Keynes). There's a gate in the car park leading to the river. Just sit down and wait. They rarely perch but you'll see them fairly reliably.

They are also seen occasionally on the river Ray near the old Thames water sludge lagoons in Swindon (back of the sewage farm - follow your nose)

Thanks for the information, I will check out Waterhay!

Back