Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Making a splash.

5696172685_1b2239625d_b.jpg

5696173531_2571ce9eba_b.jpg

5696751006_f75379ae8f_b.jpg

This is another shot I have been after for a while.
It took over 300 shots to get these 3 frames.
I Have a 7D which shots at 7 frames a second, so that means these three shots are only 1/2 a second from first to last.

Thanks for looking.

Marty

Excellent shots, you guys that shoot these must have the patients of a saint to sit and wait for it to do this in front of you??

Love the colours of these birds, saddly do not see any here in Guernsey

spike

3rd is definitely my favourite, I've never got one like this but hope I can one day! Good on you for having the patience to sit and wait for the shot!

1st one for me, you can see it's beak open in the water...(y)

For some reason, even though I know they don't, I always imagine them spearing the fish with their beaks :wacky:

300 shots .....I would do that many just trying to follow them off the perch ...and miss them on all of them...lol

Fantastic burst with great focus,detail and colour...the clarity is amazing.

Keith (y)

The background info on those shots is amazing. Unbelievable stuff. Nice one:clap:

Super Martin, these are great and all due to your hard work and dedication.Im sure we are going to see alot more and even some better ones,keep up the good work.
Ian

Absolutely superb...!

I'm gonna have to hit the like button on this!

;)

A good set Martin (y) Looks like you might have been struggling like hell with the light on these :shrug: You still did good though.

A good set Martin (y) Looks like you might have been struggling like hell with the light on these :shrug: You still did good though.

Thanks Rich.
Stuggle is an understatement, iso2500 1/1600 f5.6 at 150mm.
To freeze the motion on these you need 1/2500+.
The noise levels on the 7D are good but not so good as to hang onto the detail but that could be my lens as well.

excellent martin can i ask how close were you and how long did you have to wait for these shots please
regards ian

as before, people would kill for these! keep up the good work!!

brilliant as usual Martin

do you mind sharing exactly where you shoot from?

Great shots Martin. I have spent Hrs trying to get shots like these well done
(y)

Awesome sequence of shots - looks like the fish got away mind! ;)

excellent martin can i ask how close were you and how long did you have to wait for these shots please
regards ian
Thanks Ian. Most of my shots are between 3-5m away. This bird showed up within half hour of setting up.

brilliant as usual Martin

do you mind sharing exactly where you shoot from?

Thanks.

Sorry but yes I do. I do not mind giving advice on photographing Kingfishers or even tips on how to spot them if asked. I and many others put a lot of time and effort into finding the various subjects that we photograph. Try getting out and putting in the leg work it can be very enjoyable just looking for wildlife.

If you want to get a picture of a Kingy try Rye Meads.

Thanks all for your comments.

Great shots Martin

Just a question I asked a few guys a while ago, but no-one knew the answer.

"Do KF come out of the water, where they entered or do they pop up somewhere else, if its somewhere else, it makes that last picture even more remarkable"

Phil

Back