kingfisher right place right time

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
spent hours watching this perch.went today within 5mins BINGO :clap::clap::clap:

thanks for looking
Stuart

That`s a Kf for you Stuart :D Well caught, my only thought was that a bit more sharpening was needed for web display, hope you dont mind the edit but will remove if you so wish (y)

King_fisher_with_Minnow2_filtered.jpg

A great catch Stuart, your determination and patience paid off for sure. To be honest, I do prefer the colours on Rich's edit, it looks like he's desaturated slightly as well as sharpening.
Keep up the good work and at this standard I am looking forward to seeing some more (y)

That`s a Kf for you Stuart :D Well caught, my only thought was that a bit more sharpening was needed for web display, hope you dont mind the edit but will remove if you so wish (y)

King_fisher_with_Minnow2_filtered.jpg

much better than orginal .took this photo in j peg .with others all too saturated and not as sharp, when took in raw.photography is new to me [2 years] enjoy takeing photos, hate time on computor,greatfull for all the help i can get .

thank you Stuart
ps just on way back to river

one of the best i've seen that,looks almost 3D,like he's passing me the fish.

Great catch by the KF and you Stuart :)

Rich is right it did need a touch of sharpening and desaturation, excellent edit :)

would love to know the location of this perch. am local to Radcliffe and am desperate for a kingfisher shot ???

if you fancy giving away the location please feel free to PM

great shot and well caught seems to have plenty of food and not camera shy

much better than orginal .took this photo in j peg .with others all too saturated and not as sharp, when took in raw.photography is new to me [2 years] enjoy takeing photos, hate time on computor,greatfull for all the help i can get .

thank you Stuart
ps just on way back to river

Glad you like Stuart, editing others pics can be a touchy thing sometimes :LOL: and whilst no expert I can mess up as well as anybody else. It is obviously your choice but I would try to shoot RAW whenever possible;) You might get that once in a liftime unpredicted shot and wished you had ;) It will almost become second nature to you when editing a RAW file and the time it takes to do it would not be that much different. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing a few more from you.

Back