Kingfisher

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
Was delighted to see the kingfisher today I have really missed seeing these,hopefully I will be seeing a lot more of them

kingfisher8-1.jpg

Last edited:
I see you've been at it again Kaz, totally outdoing the rest of us haha!

Seriously loving the colours of this one, the blue is gorgeous

Well done, a pleasure to view your work (y)

Beautiful image.

Thats a beauty Karen :clap:, am looking forward to seeing many more this season. When are you going to start an instructional course on KF shots for us...please :wave:

Stunning I will swop Kingfishers for Kites :shrug: deal????(y)

The colours are just wonderfull (y)

I keep trying to see the kingfishers at Lackford Lakes but never seem to be there at the right time :thumbsdown: must try harder :bang:

Nice shot, very nice(y)
I heard he was back we may finally meet at some point
Keep up the Good Work
Regards
Richard

Last edited:
Great work Kaz.

Lovely image & such a beautiful bird. There is just something so special about Kingfishers & this image shows us why

Nice one kaz, now you've got your little friend back look forward to seeing some more.

Excellent Karen - you haven't lost your touch with KF's then :D look forward to seeing more.

Nice shot Kaz :clap: How are you getting on with the 1DMK1V (y)

Brill.

thanks everyone light was a bit contrasty when he came so that was a pain,we stayed hoping for him to show again and the light went beautiful and he never came back,typical

I think you need a tad of fill light during your post-processing but without losing too much contrast. A little catch light to the eye would lift it too and a touch tighter crop. Even so, given how next to impossible KFs can be to shoot it's really nice.

cracking image id be inclined to tone down the brightness of the OOF background to the kingfishers right but other than that its a superb image, The kingfisher is my next challenge but getting close enough for an image like this is one thing I haven't cracked yet.
Well done on a great shot.
Cheers Andy

Nice shot Kaz :clap: How are you getting on with the 1DMK1V (y)

Thanks Steve only had it on Wednesday so still a bit of learning to do,love the camera so I am sure I will get to know everything soon,am keen to try birds in flight so will trying for that soon

I think you need a tad of fill light during your post-processing but without losing too much contrast. A little catch light to the eye would lift it too and a touch tighter crop. Even so, given how next to impossible KFs can be to shoot it's really nice.

Thanks I will try a bit of fill flash,but will stick with the crop and leave the eye I hate false catchlights or an overworked eye.This is by no means my best kingfisher shots I know I have better in better light but its the first of the year with a new camera so hopefully there will be better to come

cracking image id be inclined to tone down the brightness of the OOF background to the kingfishers right but other than that its a superb image, The kingfisher is my next challenge but getting close enough for an image like this is one thing I haven't cracked yet.
Well done on a great shot.
Cheers Andy

Thanks might try your suggestion if I have the time

Good to see they have returned as well Kaz, lovely shot (y) I have a feeling they are going to have a good breeding season this year, I shall probably do a stint down by our stream this week and check out the perches.

Some things never change. As sharp and detailed as ever. ( I hate you Kaz ) LoL

Thanks I will try a bit of fill flash,but will stick with the crop and leave the eye I hate false catchlights or an overworked eye.This is by no means my best kingfisher shots I know I have better in better light but its the first of the year with a new camera so hopefully there will be better to come

1Dmk4 eh............lucky barsteward :p

Anywho thats a lovely shot Kaz. May I ask if it was at UW in the usual hide?

that is one of my favourite ever shots of such a difficult bird to capture, well done kaz!! BTW, i've seen you before somewhere!?!!??!:wave:

Last edited:
Superb Kaz, been trying for a long time to photograph the Kingfisher but as yet no success. Your shot has spurred me back into action again, now where is that Kingfisher map.

Cheers

Chevi

Back